Waste Management

www.wm.com
  www.wm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

solid company

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

opportunity to make a difference

Cons

reduction in workforce is a regular thing/turnover

reward the folks that are performing well

480 Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management (View Most Recent)

lean operation

I worked at Waste Management

Pros

good experience to use elsewhere, there's not much you won't see here

Cons

not enough resources to be effective

support functions are important too

Management must have written the positive reviews..

Current Employee - Driver in Henderson, CO
    Current Employee - Driver in Henderson, CO

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a full time job!!

Cons

They do offer full time positions what they fail to mention is the hours are almost double what is considered full time where I work ALL employees work about 76 hours a week reguardless what route you have, I can see why so many employees have relationship problems because of the hours required to work ( Mangers do not work as many hours they work their 40!) So many employees are either separted or going through or are divorced becuase of the hours WM takes from your family.

They also hold safety meetings before each shift which at first I thought was great many times you feel as though it is to express that "We are watching your every move out there" and " You are all not meeting the quotas" meaning you are not working hard enough or fast enough!!
    and should these meeting put you behind becuase they run long that is your problem to make up the time somehow and their trucks break down on a contstant basis, and you are also required to still figure out to make up your route should this happen, If you cant a superviosr will show up asking what the problem was, and why didnt you get the route done...
    If you wonder how donkeys feel then this is the place for you!! Becuase the managers will works your ASS off!! and then ride your ASS about everything!!

We were told no raises for 2012 but yet some employees who had enough and were threating to leave were all of a sudden given raises, Some bragged about it which I guess goes along with the saying " sweaky wheels get oiled first"
    If you question authority here you will fade into the dust, meaning if you get a write up or challenge a manager to many times they will find reasons to write you up enough times that you will get terminated. We have seen too many people just be gone one day.
    The minute your hired and expect that your blessed to have a job be careful this job could be HELL for you.

Try somewhere else!