Waste Management

www.wm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

Great place to work if you like high turnover and stress

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Waste Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company, good benefits, One of the few companies that still throws a good Christmas party.

Cons

IT infrastructure is a sweat shop. They will work you 24 x 7 the lay you off when they outsource your job. I was't personally laid off but got out while I still had my sanity. Lots of back stabbing and internal competition to survive.

Stop encourages the favorite child culture. I have never seen another place where people in Management roles were so cut throat toward their peers. The culture inside IT Infrastructure is really unfortunate. WM could be so great with some minor changes.

524 Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management (View Most Recent)

Integrity, Drive cams

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company offers great benefits and pay. Very comparable to others

Cons

You get wrote up for voicing your opinion to management. Management plays favorites. Other sites get the new trucks ment for your site.

Really need to get a handle on site managers, integrity. There is NO OPEN DOOR to voice your opinion. Have a manager that expects one person to run 3 lines of business in one day and when comment is made on how that is a lot to expect out of one person in one day they get wrote up. But yet this same person is always the one that is asked to do extra stuff cuz they know he will not say no. Tell him that he is doing a great job and wants his input for everything..Yep give that input it will get you wrote up!!!!!!!That is crap if you ask me. They play favorites. A person that should be out driving and helping out cuz he is Lead Driver 1 is sitting in the office but yet Lead Driver 2 and other drivers are busting their butts to get stuff done. I would never recommend this company to work for cuz they DO NOT CARE about the employees. All they care about is drive cams, getting the job done and writing people up or firing them..Them drive cams are the biggest joke I have ever seen. Heck the people that analyze them do not even know how to drive a truck. What makes them qualified to read the drive cams? They are not..you can't even call the integrity hotline cuz you will get fired down the road. You know the show of Undercover Boss that aired on tv a few years ago. Nope that is not what the company is like at all. Oh and there are no incentives of you done good but they sure are quick on the you messed up, I don't like what you said so I will write you up for it.

Pay/Benefits not that great

Former Employee - Grapple Crane Operator in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Grapple Crane Operator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Waste Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was fortunate to have a great manager and great co-workers

Cons

Bad insight on retaining employees, and hiring temporary workers.

Make your temp workers full time, as they are the real backbone of your workforce

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management