Waste Management

www.wm.com

Good Company. Leads more leadership on Management Team

Pros

Good health benefits. Great training.

Cons

Salary low for what is asked of you. Micro managed.

Don't lead with fear.

Other reviews for Waste Management

Optimistic

Pros

Some opportunities to grow within the company

Cons

Lack of professionalism with management and supervisors.

Listen to the feedback of employees.

Waste Management offered me a challenging and rewarding position that allowed me to grow.

Former Employee - Facility Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Facility Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

I was a facility manager who took over a facility that had been without a dedicated manager for quite some time. During my time we improved operations, had multiple years of 100% safety, implemented new policies and felt as though I was part of team.

Cons

Oklahoma does not have legislation supporting Electronics Recycling so it was no longer feasible to keep the Oklahoma plant open. Unfortunately I did not find this out from my direct supervisor but from the landlord. The reason I was provided with was that we had spent $7,000.00 more than the TX facility in the last year - that money was spent as a direct result of management wanting upgrades to my facility.

Do not ask a manager to accomplish such a large task while spending a relatively small amount of money, that indeed quadrupled our production and maintained the largest facility. I understand why we were shut down, but it would have been much more respectful for my director to address me about the situation directly, especially since I was stayed with the company to the very last day to ensure the facility was shut down in accordance with WM's SOP.

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management.

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!