Waste Management

www.wm.com
  www.wm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

Favoritism is key! Never speak your mind, just smile and pretend all is okay.

Former Employee - ICR Agent in Lombard, IL
Former Employee - ICR Agent in Lombard, IL

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good money if you climb through all the hoops to get it. At one point it was a very good company that cared about it's employees.

Cons

No structure, no consistency, many lies, a lot of favoritism, and what ever do, don't get sick. Bad to their customers, I have never seen such a bunch ill structured policies, customers and employees that are treated so badly, but don't say anything, if you do, and go against them, then tend to pick on you and find ways to let you go. Extreme amount of repetitive typing because none of their programs talk to each other. Their programs are always "down" Huge, huge turnover. Your are definitely pushed that point. Management will absolutely make you feel and treat you as just another number that is easily replaceable. Told to accept change, well, maybe they need make sure it is a good change and not a huge mess before implementing it on the agents and their customers. I remember one point loving his place, and I am still shocked to see how they are treating and abusing their employees.

Management needs to treat everyone equally. Before implementing change to agents, make sure it will work. Respect your employees and listen to them, when an employee goes to management to say this is not working, LISTEN. No, not all change is good. No customer should be transferred 10 times to different states because "we're trying something". No customer should have to call us 15 times before getting a call back from their agent, which is probably not their agent anymore because of the huge turnover and change. Update your information, I know I have asked at least 8 times to have certain things updated to avoid me trying to figure out who does what and what numbers don't work anymore. You change your policies and rules way too much. No structure what so ever. No time to adapt before the next change is implement and usually is worse than the last. Human Resources needs to keep employees updated of their rights also, at one point there use to be yearly meetings to keep employees updated of what can and cannot be accepted in the workplace, that does not happen anymore. We are kept in the dark.
WM university for employees to train between calls. Who does that? Employees should be focused on their customers and follow-up, not trying to train between calls. Nothing stuck with me during these wm university trainings that I usually just rushed through because of everything I had to do that day. Never. I am not alone when I say this, there were always jokes about this between us employees. I guess I can go on forever on advice, but like always, I am sure it will go un-noticed and they will continue to do what they want to whom they want.

498 Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management (View Most Recent)

ICR AGENT

Current Employee - ICR Agent in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - ICR Agent in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hardworking Team. If you're a manager, your okay and you love this company is what I gather after reading all these reviews.

Cons

If your in the call center or a driver, this place will kill you and make you feel worthless, they will not hesitate to make you feel your are just a number and very replaceable. They constantly criticize you and make you feel worthless. This place is just bad! Too many changes that make no sense. MICROMANAGED in a very bad way. THEY DON'T CARE!

Quit treating your employees like children. There should be a platform and structure, you are all over the place here. All employees are not treated equally, there is an enormous amount of favoritism and clicks. Quit overworking and rushing your employees off the phone.

I was a National Billing Representative for 20 year and I was responsible for invoicing 15-20 customers month to month.

Former Employee - National Billing Representative in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - National Billing Representative in Lombard, IL

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Waste Management has always been about team work and they are the leaders in the waste disposal industry. I worked with 14 other billers and we contantly helped one another out in case of illnesses or injury.

Cons

The only bad part of this was relocating most of our customer service and billing positions to Windsor CT. My better half is catastrophically disabled and there is no way that I could have relocated to CT.

I don't have any advice to give right now.

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management