Waste Management

www.wm.com

Favoritism is key! Never speak your mind, just smile and pretend all is okay.

Former Employee - ICR Agent  in  Lombard, IL
Former Employee - ICR Agent in Lombard, IL

I worked at Waste Management full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good money if you climb through all the hoops to get it. At one point it was a very good company that cared about it's employees.

Cons

No structure, no consistency, many lies, a lot of favoritism, and what ever do, don't get sick. Bad to their customers, I have never seen such a bunch ill structured policies, customers and employees that are treated so badly, but don't say anything, if you do, and go against them, then tend to pick on you and find ways to let you go. Extreme amount of repetitive typing because none of their programs talk to each other. Their programs are always "down" Huge, huge turnover. Your are definitely pushed that point. Management will absolutely make you feel and treat you as just another number that is easily replaceable. Told to accept change, well, maybe they need make sure it is a good change and not a huge mess before implementing it on the agents and their customers. I remember one point loving his place, and I am still shocked to see how they are treating and abusing their employees.

Management needs to treat everyone equally. Before implementing change to agents, make sure it will work. Respect your employees and listen to them, when an employee goes to management to say this is not working, LISTEN. No, not all change is good. No customer should be transferred 10 times to different states because "we're trying something". No customer should have to call us 15 times before getting a call back from their agent, which is probably not their agent anymore because of the huge turnover and change. Update your information, I know I have asked at least 8 times to have certain things updated to avoid me trying to figure out who does what and what numbers don't work anymore. You change your policies and rules way too much. No structure what so ever. No time to adapt before the next change is implement and usually is worse than the last. Human Resources needs to keep employees updated of their rights also, at one point there use to be yearly meetings to keep employees updated of what can and cannot be accepted in the workplace, that does not happen anymore. We are kept in the dark.
WM university for employees to train between calls. Who does that? Employees should be focused on their customers and follow-up, not trying to train between calls. Nothing stuck with me during these wm university trainings that I usually just rushed through because of everything I had to do that day. Never. I am not alone when I say this, there were always jokes about this between us employees. I guess I can go on forever on advice, but like always, I am sure it will go un-noticed and they will continue to do what they want to whom they want.

Other Reviews for Waste Management

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Waste Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Company - Lots of opportunities, excellent benefits

Cons

none to speak of for me

Worst place on earth to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Waste Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

The are not any to list

Cons

Where do I begin. This office is so poorly run it's actually funny. This actually used to be a very good place to work. Then it turned into a micromanaged nightmare. A big part of the problem is the frontline supervision. There seems to be a great deal of let's pawn this off attitude in this office. Guess that's why corporate is closing this office down. The morale here is awful, and they really seem to have a problem with minorities.

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management.

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!