Waste Management

www.wm.com
  www.wm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

One of the best places to work in Houston

Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits including paying for parking garage or park and ride bus fair

Cons

Seem to have periods of hiring and then 2 years later cutbacks

497 Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management (View Most Recent)

Favoritism is key! Never speak your mind, just smile and pretend all is okay.

Former Employee - ICR Agent in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - ICR Agent in Lombard, IL

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good money if you climb through all the hoops to get it. At one point it was a very good company that cared about it's employees.

Cons

No structure, no consistency, many lies, a lot of favoritism, and what ever do, don't get sick. Bad to their customers, I have never seen such a bunch ill structured policies, customers and employees that are treated so badly, but don't say anything, if you do, and go against them, then tend to pick on you and find ways to let you go. Extreme amount of repetitive typing because none of their programs talk to each other. Their programs are always "down" Huge, huge turnover. Your are definitely pushed that point. Management will absolutely make you feel and treat you as just another number that is easily replaceable. Told to accept change, well, maybe they need make sure it is a good change and not a huge mess before implementing it on the agents and their customers. I remember one point loving his place, and I am still shocked to see how they are treating and abusing their employees.

Management needs to treat everyone equally. Before implementing change to agents, make sure it will work. Respect your employees and listen to them, when an employee goes to management to say this is not working, LISTEN. No, not all change is good. No customer should be transferred 10 times to different states because "we're trying something". No customer should have to call us 15 times before getting a call back from their agent, which is probably not their agent anymore because of the huge turnover and change. Update your information, I know I have asked at least 8 times to have certain things updated to avoid me trying to figure out who does what and what numbers don't work anymore. You change your policies and rules way too much. No structure what so ever. No time to adapt before the next change is implement and usually is worse than the last. Human Resources needs to keep employees updated of their rights also, at one point there use to be yearly meetings to keep employees updated of what can and cannot be accepted in the workplace, that does not happen anymore. We are kept in the dark.
    WM university for employees to train between calls. Who does that? Employees should be focused on their customers and follow-up, not trying to train between calls. Nothing stuck with me during these wm university trainings that I usually just rushed through because of everything I had to do that day. Never. I am not alone when I say this, there were always jokes about this between us employees. I guess I can go on forever on advice, but like always, I am sure it will go un-noticed and they will continue to do what they want to whom they want.

Good Company. Leads more leadership on Management Team

I have been working at Waste Management

Pros

Good health benefits. Great training.

Cons

Salary low for what is asked of you. Micro managed.

Don't lead with fear.