Waste Management

www.wm.com
  www.wm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

Not quite what I expected.

Former Employee - ICR - Commercial Representative - Call Center in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only good thing was meeting some outstanding individuals.

Cons

Good old boy network. Too many cheaters in sales who passed the buck concerning the customer service end who got compensated well for their sales while those of us who did handle customers concerns were passed up for promotions. ICR Training shabby at best. They take advantage of long term customers monetarily, especially seniors.

When it comes to promotions, look at the overall picture, not just sales. Do more to keep your long term customers, especially the elderly who pay the most because they have been with the company the longest. These customers have been loyal though out the years. Show some loyalty to them. Most are on fixed incomes. Care a little bit. It might make a big difference. Remember it costs more to gain a new customer than to keep a consistent long term customer. Have a heart!

498 Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management (View Most Recent)

great company to work for .

Former Employee - Medical Waste Route Driver in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Waste Route Driver in Corona, CA

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

you work among lot of professionals.

Cons

they stress safety alot ,but sometimes you can't help but wonder if they just say that to cover them selfs in case some thing should happen ? because no matter what issues a driver might have ,it seems that safety goes out the door !

train your drivers correctly ,before sending them out in the public!

If you love bad management decisions, favoritism/special treatment, & NO promotions from within, this place is for YOU!!

Current Employee - Residential Driver - Swing in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Residential Driver - Swing in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only positive thing about working here is the paycheck you'll receive every week.

Cons

WM hires managers who have no industry knowledge and no experience doing the job in which they're directly supervising, which in turn leads to poor management decisions in routing & logistics, which is just unprofitable for business. Management also is not competent enough to analyze the data that is given to them through the onboard computer system being utilized. The "lead" driver(s) play favorites and provide special treatment to their friends/buddies. There are absolutely no checks & balances in place with WM. Also, the managers will encourage you to be safe and take your time so you can follow all of the rules, but then harass you when you don't hit your unrealistic efficiency goal. The company claims to be a "military-friendly" employer, but unless you're retired and no longer have any military obligation, this is completely untrue. Managers AND coworkers will complain and harass you when you have to miss work for military duty. The company has tried to fire me TWICE relating to my military duty, but I've gotten my job back because of USERRA and through use of the ESGR. It makes for a completely hostile work environment knowing that I have a giant bright target painted on my back.

Seek out those hard-working, dedicated drivers who have the potential and the desire to lead. Use them to your advantage. Recognize when a driver does something good. The only thing pointed out about 95% of drivers is what they're doing WRONG! This is such a horrible approach to try and encourage a safe, secure work environment.

Waste Management Response

Jun 23, 2014Talent Acquisition

This isn't what we like to hear, and appreciate you sharing this feedback. We want the chance to improve across our enterprise. If you have an ethics or integrity concern, you can make an anonymous ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management