Waste Management

www.wm.com

Sad day when you love your job and learn your call center is closing

Inside Commercial Representative (Current Employee) Oak Harbor, WA

ProsLove the call center reps - you work hard and put up with some tough customers. Your a great team of people and it's sad to learn we will never be a team again.

ConsWe were told this week our call center is closing. It shocked and hurt 125 employees in a very small town. We are so busy some of us are working OT everyday, until this week when the closing was released. Now that they've routed our calls to AZ, the phones stopped ringing. If we are going to stay open for another 3 months, how are we going to do our jobs when the phones stopped ringing.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou shouldn't keep hiring and training when you knew the center was going to close. This wasn't an overnight decision. There are about 30 new hires over the past 90 days who now are out of work again.

Outside Sales Representative

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Waste Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The benefits are very good. The 401k is one of the best. The company matches up to 6% and you're fully vested… Cons: If you like change - you'll love Waste Management. There is little to no support. You will be responsible for managing every aspect… Advice to Senior Management: Slow it down. Change is good, but try to get something implemented and working well before moving on to the next change. This… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I LOVE my job!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Foxborough, MA

I have been working at Waste Management full-time for less than a year

Pros: Comfortable environment, encouraging attitudes from peers and management, positive reinforcement, appropriate… Cons: Short training period (two weeks, with less than a day for billing) poor communication… Advice to Senior Management: There is an issue with the communication between customer service and dispatch/ops. There… More

There are newer reviews on Waste Management.

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!