Waste Management

www.wm.com

Sad day when you love your job and learn your call center is closing

Current Employee - Inside Commercial Representative  in  Oak Harbor, WA
Current Employee - Inside Commercial Representative in Oak Harbor, WA

Pros

Love the call center reps - you work hard and put up with some tough customers. Your a great team of people and it's sad to learn we will never be a team again.

Cons

We were told this week our call center is closing. It shocked and hurt 125 employees in a very small town. We are so busy some of us are working OT everyday, until this week when the closing was released. Now that they've routed our calls to AZ, the phones stopped ringing. If we are going to stay open for another 3 months, how are we going to do our jobs when the phones stopped ringing.

You shouldn't keep hiring and training when you knew the center was going to close. This wasn't an overnight decision. There are about 30 new hires over the past 90 days who now are out of work again.

Other reviews for Waste Management

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Foxborough, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Foxborough, MA

Pros

Comfortable environment, encouraging attitudes from peers and management, positive reinforcement, appropriate coaching methods, understanding and compassionate supervisors, and recognition for hard work.

Cons

Short training period (two weeks, with less than a day for billing) poor communication between certain departments (customer service to dispatch/ops), resentment toward certain departments (customer service to dispatch/ops).

There is an issue with the communication between customer service and dispatch/ops. There is no emotion in email, so it's very easy to misinterpret tone and intention.

Waste Management Response

Jul 1, 2014Talent Acquisition

We appreciate this feedback and are always looking for input to improve our culture and work environment. This valuable insight could be shared with your leadership during goal-setting and annual ... More

Quick paced

Pros

Weekly pay, good health insurance, vacation and holiday pay.

Cons

Too many supervisors! Most of them not qualified. Too little advancement opportunities.

We know you are trying to meet your numbers to look good to upper management however try to create a heroic work environment that would want us to work hard for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management.

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!