Waste Management

www.wm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

Quick paced

I worked at Waste Management

Pros

Weekly pay, good health insurance, vacation and holiday pay.

Cons

Too many supervisors! Most of them not qualified. Too little advancement opportunities.

We know you are trying to meet your numbers to look good to upper management however try to create a heroic work environment that would want us to work hard for you.

528 Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management (View Most Recent)

Good company with growth opportunities

Former Employee - Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company that values their employees and provides opportunities for growth / promotions. Ongoing improvements with systems and technology is a big plus. Good benefits.

Cons

Constant change. Although this is not necessarily a con, because the company is always changing to continue to improve, it is difficult to implement multiple changes coming from all areas of the company at the same time.

WM treats Customers & Employees like TRASH!

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Waste is a Fortune 200 company that has potential to be great. The company pays very well and has great benefits. Waste Management is huge and there are opportunities to build a career.

Cons

The culture at Waste is very toxic and negative. The company doesn't value employees or customers. There are no training programs for supervisors or managers, leaders do not communicate with employees, departments do not interact with one another & customers suffer because of it. Nepotism is the norm. Every year the company has a hiring freeze/layoff period around August, regardless of the financial health of the company. Managers & executive leaders use intimidation to control their employees. I've worked for great organizations throughout my career, & Waste is by far the worst. It's truly sad because the company has the potential to be great if they would stop treating their employees & customers like trash. No pun intended.

Invest in training programs to develop leaders & employee engagement programs. Every year you layoff employees and then rehire for the same positions. That's wasteful spending! It's more cost effective to retain current employees than to hire new employees. Listen to your customers; they are telling you that the service they receive from WM does not match the high prices they pay. If you want to be the high end service provider, you need to provide high quality service.

Waste Management Response

Aug 15, 2014Talent Acquisition

We are very sorry you feel this way. This is not what we like to hear. Regarding training, we would encourage you to explore the vast array of training programs available through Waste Management ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management