Quick paced

I worked at Waste Management

Pros

Weekly pay, good health insurance, vacation and holiday pay.

Cons

Too many supervisors! Most of them not qualified. Too little advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

We know you are trying to meet your numbers to look good to upper management however try to create a heroic work environment that would want us to work hard for you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good experience dealing with a variety of dynamic issues

Current Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hard working co-workers that care about their work and environment. Decent benefits for workers & families. Alot of personal freedom to get work completed.

Cons

Poor equipment & site maintenance causing more interruptions. Constantly trying to "save" money by not performing work. General attitude from front line emplyees is not positive due to continuosly being asked to do more with less. Very compartmentalized institution & goals are not aligned with the success of the customers.

Advice to Management

Stop pressuring the front lines constantly. You have honest, hard working individuals that have not been rewarded for thier commitments for many years now.

Waste Management Response

Aug 5, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

We're sorry you feel this way. As we strive toward innovation and continuous improvement, your feedback has been shared with management.

WM treats Customers & Employees like TRASH!

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Waste is a Fortune 200 company that has potential to be great. The company pays very well and has great benefits. Waste Management is huge and there are opportunities to build a career.

Cons

The culture at Waste is very toxic and negative. The company doesn't value employees or customers. There are no training programs for supervisors or managers, leaders do not communicate with employees, departments do not interact with one another & customers suffer because of it. Nepotism is the norm. Every year the company has a hiring freeze/layoff period around August, regardless of the financial health of the company. Managers & executive leaders use intimidation to control their employees. I've worked for great organizations throughout my career, & Waste is by far the worst. It's truly sad because the company has the potential to be great if they would stop treating their employees & customers like trash. No pun intended.

Advice to Management

Invest in training programs to develop leaders & employee engagement programs. Every year you layoff employees and then rehire for the same positions. That's wasteful spending! It's more cost effective to retain current employees than to hire new employees. Listen to your customers; they are telling you that the service they receive from WM does not match the high prices they pay. If you want to be the high end service provider, you need to provide high quality service.

Waste Management Response

Aug 15, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

We are very sorry you feel this way. This is not what we like to hear. Regarding training, we would encourage you to explore the vast array of training programs available through Waste Management ... More