There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

Started off making great money but in one year commission pay was cut twice.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lakeville, MN
Current Employee - Account Manager in Lakeville, MN

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly, good money in general. Base plus commission. Huge company that is well known and respected. Management is fair and doesn't play favorites which is refreshing.

Cons

They have cut our commission pay once and then changed the terms of how we meet our goals once so now it's hard to max out on commission even though the job is the same. Also only 10 days of vacation first year.

Share the wealth. This is a billion dollar company, stop taking money out of the employees pockets while the upper management gets huge bonuses.

Aug 15, 2014Talent Acquisition

We are sorry you feel compensation and benefits are not up to your standards. Your feedback is important to us and has been shared as we strive to continue to be a best place to work.

reviews filtered by

Decent company, but glad to have moved on

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foxborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foxborough, MA

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent company with good initiatives with Waste, Recycling and sustainability.

Cons

So many politics and everything is about penny pinching that you can see departments falling apart. What you put in you get out and management was always on a tight leash. When I first started there was company xmas parties, and things of that nature...then there was nothing. No company moral. They laid off so many people with years of experience it was awful.

Aug 15, 2014Talent Acquisition

We are sorry you feel this way. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to be a best place to work for all employees.

Rewarding if you make your own path

Current Employee - Sale & Marketing in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sale & Marketing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a large company with many disciplines (transportation, logistics, sales, IT) in which someone can develop their career.

Cons

Frequent, and periodically large, reorgs are highly disruptive and set projects back while good folks end up elsewhere.

People who have worked at WM for a long time are highly loyal, but that loyalty is constantly challenged by changing priorities and layoffs.

Sep 17, 2014Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your hard work and dedication, as well as you sharing your feedback with us.

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management