Wastequip

There are newer employer reviews for Wastequip

Rewarding Career

Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wastequip full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love working in the industry, and with our customers and follow employees. Pay/benefits above average for most jobs compared to competitors, and other similar sized companies. Freedom of ideas is encouraged.

Cons

The biggest challenge has been long-term employee culture poison (reluctance to change), and multiple private equity ownership about every few years (change in management philosophy).

Initiate a reward program for exceptional and beyond-the-call of duty work efforts by all employees. Also wish that there were a way to keep current ownership in place so we could really see what Wastequip could accomplish in the industry with longer term ownership.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Wastequip (View Most Recent)

Good Company bad Management

I have been working at Wastequip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great products and people with expertise about them. Compensation is fair but not great in some departments that are low priority compensation is below average.
    Most employees are very hard working but given little direction on what they should be striving to accomplish.
    They offer 5 days vacation for the first year, but simply ask for more before accepting the offer and you will get it.

Cons

Bad management. The corporate culture from the highest level is speak no evil, hear no evil and see no evil. Basically, as long as a problem can be ignored it will.
    For all the high level talk on planning this company is very reactionary. Upper management is very loyal to employees to a fault. As long as you tow the company line you will have a position even if you are not qualified for it or not very good at it.
    The faults start and end at the top of the company. The CEO wants to be liked and carries himself with a demeanor of I am just a regular guy. A CEO should be the best of the best just not some guy.

Hire someone to lead the company with real management and leadership experience. Someone who can develop a plan and vision for the company and implement it.
    Most important someone who can hire the right people for management positions.

Company lost its mojo with new leaders

I worked at Wastequip full-time

Pros

This company has a fantastic product, both on the steel and plastics side. The customers are a good blend of muni's, large haulers and small operations. It seems like (since I quit) the culture is force-fed by the CEO through the Executive VP's and down. They are brand new to this industry and seem to act like they can throw money at the market to prove they are the second coming.

Cons

The CEO likes to brag he is a cowboy and a six sigma guru, however in my opinion he is a poor leader. A culture exists of us and them. Us, the CEO, CFO, EVP's and the new owners, and them, the rest of the company.

Quit. There is greener grass very close by. This company is the second coming of another local toilet cleaning scenario.

There are newer employer reviews for Wastequip