Watco Companies

www.watcocompanies.com
  www.watcocompanies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Watco Companies

Fast paced , changing culture, growing rapidly

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Watco Companies

Pros

people are good , trying to change, outlook for next few years excellent, with many opportunities for growth . Successfully raised the safety standards across company , with dramatically strong commitment .

Cons

pay is lower than industry standards, morale is low and turnover high

raise the basic pay across the board or high turnover will continue. Cannot continue paying so low or that is all you will get from employees- low effort.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Watco Companies (View Most Recent)

They just don't care!

Former Employee - Terminal Manager in Edson, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Terminal Manager in Edson, AB (Canada)

I worked at Watco Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people, Watco have a lot of good people working for them. I have clearly made a couple good friends there and will stay in touch!

Cons

Benefits were too costly
    They didn't care about their team members

the next time you shut down a facility ( or three ) at least have the decency to be there to say good bye to the employees they gave it their all for the company! I cannot believe you just let everybody walk away and nobody was there to send us off, not even a phone call on our last day!

Great place to work for a few years, don't plan on it being a career move.

Former Employee - Transportation Manager in Anykščiai (Lithuania)
    Former Employee - Transportation Manager in Anykščiai (Lithuania)

I worked at Watco Companies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Safety is, in fact, number one. There are no safety short cuts. Customer First Foundation Principles makes sense and have merit.

Cons

Production suffers because of strict safety policies. Safety is important. It NEEDS to be number 1. Upper management (and regional/local management) REQUIRES production to always be better, but rarely invests back in to operation to make it better. Upper management demands results, but doesn't listen to real challenges. If you don't perform, you're labeled as "disgruntled" and terminated. WATCO "bought" me after putting in 15 years of running a successful company. One year after they acquired me, upper management told me that our "visions" were too far apart. I was terminated and replaced with someone who had no experience (at a much reduced salary.) WATCO can be a GREAT place to work, and has huge potential. I wish them the best, and hope they can fix the problems, to make the entire "team's" life better.

Listen to the people at the bottom. Practice the Customer First Foundation Principles and the management process all the way down to the guy sweeping the floor.

There are newer employer reviews for Watco Companies