There are newer employer reviews for Watson Wyatt

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Southfield, MI
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Watson Wyatt

Pros

If you like to keep busy, this is the place for you. If you like to work with incredibly wonderful and talented people, this is the place for you. Great salary and benefits as well.

Cons

Commute - the drive from most any direction is annoying.

None.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Watson Wyatt (View Most Recent)

Great place to work if you are a self starter and care about your co-workers

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Watson Wyatt

Pros

Wonderful culture - there are many hold over associates from the time when the company was employee owned. Associates tend to truly care about the well-being of fellow associates. Management tends to respect the strengths and weaknesses of individual contributors. The company is trying desperately to promote women and minorities but having difficulties in the actuarial field. Leadership tends to take a longer view on success and not worry about results at the end of each fiscal quarter. In the trenches, associates really care about helping clients solve their problems.

Cons

complex matrix management - very hard to understand who is in charge of what - many informal networks. Your individual work experience depends heavily on your office -team - country of employment.

It is really all about the clients - not management

More downside than upside.

Current Employee - Consulting Actuary in Wellesley, MA
    Current Employee - Consulting Actuary in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Watson Wyatt

Pros

Coworkers are the best - very smart, creative, nice, helpful, supportive. My office is conveniently located. Work-life balance can be pretty good if you take advantage of increased flexibility. We have a lot of part timers (anything 60% or over is considered full time and benefit-eligible). A lot of people now work from home at least some of the time.

Cons

To get ahead you have to work long hours. Focus is on billable hours. My office/practice is very understaffed leading to stress and low morale. Employee benefits have been cut over the years including pension, 401(k) match, and especially the health plan (now a high deductible plan called LivingWell which employees call "LivingHell").

We can't attract and retain good people. Either increase pay and bonuses, or improve the benefits you've slashed, or morale will continue to decline.

There are newer employer reviews for Watson Wyatt