Watson Wyatt
www.watsonwyatt.com Arlington, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

High Turnover

Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsResume piece, money, access to senior management. The practice leader and principal in the SF office were both very accessible and open to input.

ConsThe middle management was fragmented and in many cases just over-worked and not trained on management techniques. I got the sense as a new analyst that the least happy people in the company were consultants and managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop blaming clients, subordinates, and circumstance when things go wrong. It creates a culture of blame that permeates the office.

Very intense work environment, comparable to a sweat shop, cooperation among team members very poor.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at Watson Wyatt

Pros: Located near train, bright people, building and offices very nice, Cons: Administrative assistant are serfs, actuaries are God. Pay is fair, but… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your serfs like important part of the overall success… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

i loved it

Senior Help Desk Technician (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at Watson Wyatt

Pros: the management is outstanding, i had alot of opertunities to… Cons: we moved far too often Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Watson Wyatt.

Worked for Watson Wyatt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Watson Wyatt reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Watson Wyatt CEO John J. Haley. All reviews posted anonymously by Watson Wyatt employees.