There are newer employer reviews for Watson Wyatt

You job title and what you interviewed for are not what you get.

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO

I worked at Watson Wyatt

Pros

Well established and financially stable.

Cons

Every week is a death march. Little to no feedback on performance. Mid-senior level management would rather spend millions on writing software rather than spend $10k to buy an off-the-shelf solution. Software framework that the division is married to does not appear to have future growth potential. Office politics royally suck. 90%+ of the people I physically worked with are depressed and not satisfied with treatment they receive.

Hi John,

If I were you I would do a quite, in depth inspection at the Grade 3 and below levels. Your Grade 4 & 5's are pulling the wool over your eyes. It is the worst leadership development plan I have ever seen and does not follow even your own internal guidelines. It sill makes me sick thinking about it nearly a year later.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Watson Wyatt (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work -- when you are billable.

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Watson Wyatt

Pros

When there is plenty of work and you are billable -- it is a great place. Fun people.

Cons

Not much emphasis on practice development or nonbillable activities needed to build tools to better serve the client and make the practice more efficient. .You must be a billing machine. That is all that matters. Work like a scared animal.

Grow you technical capabilities. Take on the best of TP, but not it's culture.

Best of the bunch

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Watson Wyatt

Pros

The corporate culture is respectful and serious, but relaxed enough to be comfortable; the atmosphere is fun; The co workers are people you want to spend time with outside of work

Cons

Benefits are surprisingly poor for a benefits consultng firm; like all consulting firms, your experience will depend on the location and the practice

Improve your benefits fo ryou employees so you can be an example for your own clients! Start with a reasonable (competitive) vacation/PTO policy!

There are newer employer reviews for Watson Wyatt

Worked for Watson Wyatt? Contribute to the Community!