There are newer employer reviews for Watson Wyatt

WW is fine up to a point

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Watson Wyatt

Pros

WW is full of pretty smart, easy going, respectful people. The culture is good, the people are great, work is good. The only problem is hitting a ceiling in salary band.

Cons

The salary band promotion process is okay from bands 1 to 3, a little iffy at band 4, and downright odd at band 5. At the higher levels, its not a meritocricy but a political scheme.

Advice to Management

Change the promotion process. Train managers to give career path options to associates. Offer mid year propotions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work

I have been working at Watson Wyatt

Pros

There are many great reasons to work at Watson Wyatt. High salaries and bonuses which are performance based, are top on the list. The Watson Wyatt brand is well respected in the industry -- this reputation is well deserved.

Cons

I only have 2 complaints about Watson Wyatt. The health insurance option & the Performance Development Program (PDP). There is only one option for health insurance -- a "consumer directed high deductible plan". The PDP is too time consuming.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing in commuticating to the employees regarding the (yet to be finalized) merger with Towers Perrin.

You job title and what you interviewed for are not what you get.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO

I worked at Watson Wyatt

Pros

Well established and financially stable.

Cons

Every week is a death march. Little to no feedback on performance. Mid-senior level management would rather spend millions on writing software rather than spend $10k to buy an off-the-shelf solution. Software framework that the division is married to does not appear to have future growth potential. Office politics royally suck. 90%+ of the people I physically worked with are depressed and not satisfied with treatment they receive.

Advice to Management

Hi John, If I were you I would do a quite, in depth inspection at the Grade 3 and below levels. Your Grade 4 & 5's are pulling the wool over your eyes. It is the worst leadership development plan I have ever seen and does not follow even your own internal guidelines. It sill makes me sick thinking about it nearly a year later.