There are newer employer reviews for Wave Broadband

Could and Should be great

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kirkland, WA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time for less than a year

Pros

The wages are alright and benefits are good. The non managers are on the most a good hard working bunch. Friendly and easy to get along with.

Cons

The senior reps do everything because the management is horrible. By senior rep I mean someone that has been with the company for over one year, because the turnover is really high. The on-going joke is, bust your ass to get into management because then you get to take two plus hour lunch breaks, shop online, play games. Basically do as they say not as they do. People call us for help and we have our hands tied by very below par management.

Fire all floor leads and lower management because they cannot find their way out of a brown paper bag.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Wave Broadband (View Most Recent)

Opportunities for those who look

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband

Pros

Good benefits
    Orca Card
    Close to freeways
    Opportunities for advancement

Cons

Occasional desk sharing
    strict attendance policy especially regarding tardies

Listen to your team. Actually care what the employees have to say and the feedback that they give you. There are a TON of super talented people who don't get the full support and the opportunities that they deserve. Recognize where it's due.

Don't micro-manage. Understand that this is not beneficial to your employees or you as an employer.

Mired In Quicksand

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband

Pros

It is not a bad place for entry level people or ones who need to make a career change. However, if you are not moving up in the company, move on. Give yourself 3-5 years for a nice resume pit stop then get out.

Cons

Micromanaging C-level employees who can be clueless at times for steering the business in a positive direction. They are not aware of trends in the industry. It is embarrassing when customers alert us to issues, or when we have to shine a spotlight on incompetence in daily working or customer abuse just to get someone helped for specific situations. Some regions are very paranoid and will do whatever they want, whether or not it is good for the customer.

Stop with the ADD management. Get rid of some of the C-level executives. Listen to your middle managers who actually have a clue on how to run your business.

There are newer employer reviews for Wave Broadband

Worked for Wave Broadband? Contribute to the Community!