There are newer employer reviews for Wave Broadband

Wave

I worked at Wave Broadband

Pros

Flexible schedules and tries to promote low level employees to slightly higher level positions. Good caring people.

Cons

Low pay for almost all mid to low level employees. Would rather promote low level and unqualified employees to positions since they can keep the pay lower than industry standards.

Treat employees with respect and communicate changes before they happen

28 Other Employee Reviews for Wave Broadband (View Most Recent)

Avoid Wave Broadband...a dead-end stop for your career

Former Employee - Senior Management
    Former Employee - Senior Management

I worked at Wave Broadband

Pros

There are some nice people working there. Most recognize how bad the executive team is and just try to keep their heads down until the company is sold off and they can cash out and get out of dodge.
    The location of the main office in Kirkland is very nice.
    If you reside in their service area you can have free tv/internet/phone at your home.

Cons

The executive team micromanages everything of any consequence that happens in the company. None of them have a high-tech or software background, but this doesn't discourage them at all from diving into the details and mucking up any project they get visibility into.
    The executive team is utterly clueless as to their own limitations and how the employees actually feel about their leadership. Nobody under the executive team is empowered to do anything without C-level sign-off. And anytime a VP or Director tries to make a decision in their area of responsibility, they can almost always count on it being second-guessed by above. As a result, most people have stopped caring and are only interested in doing just enough to avoid getting fired.
    The company has no professional processes in place for delivering hardware, software, or networking projects. But they will not empower anyone to help define those, as they ultimately consider such notions a waste of time and resources.
    Every project or initiative is always starved for resources. The company tries to do everything on the extreme cheap, meaning every task is under-resourced to the extreme. Several key employees are forced to do the work of three people to keep business operations afloat. Everything is managed by crisis and there is no proactive approach to dealing with the company's problems.
    The company takes full advantage of state labor laws which enable a company to fire people for any reason. They turn over people with little to no warning based on word-of-mouth or less. As a result, nobody is willing to challenge bad ideas or unreasonable expectations from the executive team.
    This is the most dysfunctional and hopeless company I've ever seen or heard of. If you care about your career, do not join Wave Broadband.

The CEO and owners seriously have no clue just how incompetent their C-level team is. Because the company has been well-positioned in growth areas and made some good calls on acquisitions, they have been profitable in spite of this leadership issue. But as that growth begins to subside and the limitations and failures of the C-level team becomes more apparent, let's hope the CEO has the sense to clear those people out. It is the only way the company will shake off the dysfunction and modernize the organization and its processes. But the fact that they can't see the extreme negative value that the CMO brings to the organization is suggestive that the CEO simply sees what they want to see. The best thing that can probably happen here is that Comcast buys the company up, fires most of the leadership, and incorporates the assets into their own organization.

It was a great work environment.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Woodburn, OR
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Woodburn, OR

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a great company. I loved the interaction with all the customers. I did events for Wave Broadband. I was successful
    and enjoyed my job very much.

Cons

The commute was a bit far. I live in Tigard, so the commute was a little farther than anticipated. Then I would drive to customers all over small towns included.

They were always very on point. They ere always helping us with new technology.

There are newer employer reviews for Wave Broadband