Wave Broadband

There are newer employer reviews for Wave Broadband

Great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is growing, there are a lot of opportunities to grow with it.

Cons

Because the company is growing and buying other companies there are some problems coming up where the old guard of some of the purchased companies do not want to change and accept the new direction of the larger company

There needs to be more accountability or better integration of the purchased companies in to the greater Wave fold

29 Other Employee Reviews for Wave Broadband (View Most Recent)

Thanks for CHOOSING Wave...

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The overall atmosphere in the call center is good, there are a lot of awesome people, even managers. There are opportunities for a change in position fairly often. You are permitted to work remote after you can meet your stats (usually about 6 months). Managers are patient and reasonable in expecting perfection. Because it is a smaller company there are quicker ways to support the customer with any info they are requesting that needs to be escalated to another department.

Cons

There is absolutely no commination between departments (field techs and call center tech support). Rarely are there any notes about what the tech has done, and if there are, they make no sense to anyone not trained in field tech work, and we have no decoding tool to see how the job was closed. Some of the techs will not wait for the customers to verify there services are working and we get to deal with the after math because most people don't have the balls to yell and abuse someone in person( like the field techs) as they do on the phone (me). But having worked at Comcast I am familiar with that.

Seems that the technology just isn't there to give the customers a comparative service that the competitors can. Our VOD selection is crap. You don't have the ability to set up recordings online, you don't get a free anti virus with your service. Also when it comes to bringing in new products, it seems like they are being sold and guaranteed before the infrastructure can handle it, thus creating a situation that the customer gets to upgrade and pay more for a weaker and unreliable service.

Customers must prove they are having issues with their service before anyone does anything to rectify it. There is no proactive work being done to find and solve issues. We in the call center, are like 1 step above being a customer. We are so completely left out of the loop we don't know anything until something has already been completed or started and gone horribly wrong causing a huge issue for our customers.

This is such a disheartening company to work for in the way that business is conducted. It makes me sad because this company could be great and if someone were to ask me if they should get Wave, I would tell them there money will go farther at Comcast (and I hate big huge corporations).

Treat your employees with trust and respect. Show us your loyalty and we will show you ours by caring about this job, and the company and even more important, the customers.

Mostly good people; toxic environment in denial.

Former Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good PTO policy for those who never get sick. Employees given a bank of PTO they may use for anything, sick or vacation. Challenging environment but in a good way. Awesome CEO; smart, personable, professional.

Cons

Compensation not at fair market value. A few weak leaders have way too much decision making power, and make decisions based on personal biases or self interest before interest of the overall health of the company. Big 'cons' include weak training programming and no employee development programs or culture. No support or encouragement to further education... and a real big problem -flip a coin regarding if you'll ever get a performance review or annual raise.

CEO needs to understand better what is happening in his organization, and not to get that information and understanding from the people he trusts most. I recommend the CEO perform anonymous employee and past employee feedback interviews ONLY if he's willing to stay true to the process and set ground rules such as no retaliation and feedback is kept in strict confidence.

There are newer employer reviews for Wave Broadband