Wawa

Fascinating

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Wawa

Pros

I feel fortunate to have a career within this organization. The path is the one that you choose, not what others choose. If you ask for more work, you will receive more responsibility and will be expected to complete it timely and accurately. The ball is really in your court. You can be promoted from zero to hero within a few years and the sky is truly the limit. It is what you make of it. Drink the kool-aid, it's worth it.

Cons

Some weeks have too many hours. On the contrary, other weeks have less hours, it's all relative.

Keep doing what you're doing. Try to become more involved in annual performance reviews to ensure consistency across the company. For example, AM #1 might put a lot of emphasis on gasoline areas while AM #2 might not even have that in the evaluation.

373 Other Employee Reviews for Wawa (View Most Recent)

Challenging and rewarding career in a fast paced environment.

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Wawa

Pros

Interaction with a great customer base. Ability to interact with peers. Great opportunity to develop management skills through workshops and training modules. Very technologically advanced. Constant expansion of store base and product choices.

Cons

In its constant quest to capture market share while still controlling costs, Wawa has expanded its offerings of food service products to the point where the labor and facilities needed to support these offerings is no longer in balance. By trying to be everything for everybody Wawa has lost sight of some core values that made the company a leader in convenience retailing. Value People has been contorted to mean value the bottom dollar at the expense of overextending the capabilities of its staff of associates. Do The Right Thing now means pushing more programs and products that increase the profit line but at the expense of associates working in facilities that are poorly set up to accommodate the changes. Do Things Right has completely lost its face value meaning of five years ago in a sea of documentation and unrealistic expectations of its associates.

Just because the present economy enables your ability to replace associates with ease does not make it right to treat those who work the front lines like dogs. You can not force associates to deliver great customer service through documentation... you must return to the days of old and truly value those who work on each rung of the company ladder.

Sstisfying but not fulfilling

I have been working at Wawa

Pros

I have worked at Wawa for 7 years. I like some of the local regular customers. I have worked at several stores and I generally like the people I work with and for. Once I was promoted to management I recieved a good pay raise.

Cons

The stores are usually in poor neighborhoods leading to some unsavory experiences. Very inconsistant with their teachings they definitely do not practice what they preach. A lot of favoritism and politics go into it. Who you know is crucial. Dead end if you are not apart of the in crowd. Load the work on you the higher up you go.

Labor is a constant issue. too much to do too little time. Safer work conditions would be preferable.

There are newer employer reviews for Wawa