Wawa
www.wawa.com Wawa, PA 5000+ Employees

An overall good learning experience but extremely demanding and stressful for such a mundane job.

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Wawa part-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Plenty of hours if you want them, (and even if you don't).
-50% discount on all healthy Wawa foods, 30% discount on all other Wawa foods.
- Experience with food, cash registers and people.
-You get paid every week.

Cons-No breaks. (This may not be the case at all Wawa's but at the one I was employed at most of the time you were not allowed a break even though you worked an 8-9 hour shift and if you were allowed you had to eat your meal standing over a cardboard box quickly. Seriously.)
-Flaky management. I had 4 managers and would most of the time receive different orders from each one.
-Gossip between managers and coworkers, cliques and favoritism.
-Excessive breaks if you smoke cigarettes. You aren't allowed to eat a meal but you're allowed to take 5-6 cigarette breaks if you're a favorite or a manager.
-Not enough staff for each shift. (I was often left unattended in the deli for an entire 8hour shift during dinner rush and left responsible for all positions at the Wawa).
-Literally impossible to call in sick. Managers will make you feel bad if you are sick and can't work. (I had to go to the hospital for an injury and they still wanted me to come into work).
-No overtime. Difficult to become a full time employee. They will work you 39.5 hours and say you are part time still.
-Rude/demanding/drunk customers. (I've had cigarettes thrown at me before on the job).

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people accountable for their actions, do something to eliminate the cliques and favoritism within the company and make sure all the employees have breaks because it really makes a HUGE difference in employee's work performance.

Fast paced, but very good pay and benefits.

Shift Manager (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Wawa part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They have a great health care plan. Cons: Customer service sucks to work in. Advice to Senior Management: Stop thinking you know everything. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Alot available, many good people, umm way too much to mention available

General Manager (Current Employee)
Woodbury Heights, NJ

I have been working at Wawa full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Customers, most employees and peers Cons: Is pushing the "Servant Leadership" to the point where you… Advice to Senior Management: Document every conversation and have witnesses. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Wawa.

Worked for Wawa? Contribute to the Community!

Wawa – Why Work for Us?

​​​​Working at Wawa is More than Just a Job...​​​​ ​​Looking for an opportunity that combines teamwork, community, and advancement, in a supportive environment that offers valuable benefits? If you said "yes", then you… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wawa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wawa CEO Chris Gheysens. All reviews posted anonymously by Wawa employees.