Smart people, hard problems and lots to learn

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair

Pros

- Short individual and interesting projects gives responsibility to take the project from the beginning to the end.
 - Very open environment where people are willing to share information and help out.
 - A vast selection of problems one can deal with so you never get bored of the same work.
 - Great pay and benefits. (Free snacks, matching 401K, 3 weeks of unpaid vacation + 3 or more paid)
 - Naturally competitive environment where one strives to perform better because his peers do and not because you compete against others.

Cons

- Little feedback from the management although they have plans to improve that.
 - No sick days. (They are included in the paid vacation)

Great job!

Other Reviews for Wayfair

Working(and playing) hard makes us feel like family; doing your best work is easy when your job is this rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair

Pros

As a company we work hard and play hard. We have floor parties, department outings, and just generally have a good time with each other. This makes you want to do your very best work when it's crunch time - you feel like everyone, in every facet of the business, is working right alongside you.

Cons

Compared to some other companies, pay can start low for college-level positions - though benefits go a long way towards offsetting this.

They seem to be on top of this, but it 's worth mentioning nonetheless - Keeping the corporate culture that's been developed here intact while growing the company can be difficult, but is integral to what makes Wayfair such an amazing place to work - so far, they've done a great job!

Constant learning environment

Current Employee - Category Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Category Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair

Pros

Wayfair gives you the opportunity to challenge yourself and work toward your professional goals. Performance is what drives your career.

Cons

We are still a young company and the industry we are involved in is constantly changing. This means priorities and other company initiatives can constanlty be changing.

There are newer employer reviews for Wayfair.

Worked for Wayfair? Contribute to the Community!