Wayfair
www.wayfair.com Boston, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Wayfair hires a lot of new grads, great stepping stone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are in the "know" you will go places. There are a lot of internal moves which gives you potential to explore different segments of the business. First job out of college adjusting to the real world can be hard, Wayfair is very laid back which made it easier at first.

ConsAs time went on the cons out weighed the pros. HR needs to step up or something bad might happen. I didn't see how poorly I was treated because this was my first job out of college. My first two managers loved me and promoted me and my third manager fired me because of "performance issues"....I was not given a written or a verbal warning. It's all about who you know rather than performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR needs to step in and regulate. Management might be under extreme pressure, it seems like they do not care who they step on to get to the bottom line.

Reward good performance and additional workload with higher compensation

I have been working at Wayfair

Pros: Very relaxed (but deadline oriented) corporate culture, upper management doesn't… Cons: Consistently lower salary than industry levels, very little concentration on… Advice to Senior Management: more focus on middle management, encourage more growth towards leadership roles/upper management… More

Good experience straight out of college, not worthwhile if you already have career experience

Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wayfair

Pros: Wayfair mostly hires employees straight out of school, which is great if you fall into… Cons: Wayfair definitely takes advantage of its young employees and pays them the bare minimum. Most of their employees haven't worked at any other companies so… Advice to Senior Management: The equity plan was clearly meant for upper management. It is ineffective at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Wayfair.

Worked for Wayfair? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wayfair reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wayfair CEO Niraj Shah. All reviews posted anonymously by Wayfair employees.