Wayfair

There are newer employer reviews for Wayfair

Work Hard, Play Hard culture

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, fun culture, good perks & benefits - health & dental are excellent compared to other companies especially for families.
Wide open opportunities for advancement or different career paths. People are constantly changing departments with no opposition from managers - just need to see something you want to do and ask for it. If you're doing a good job, chances are you will get it. So from that standpoint, you're able to get so much more experience than you would at a more hierarchical or tenure-based organization.
Pace is really fast. Because of that, employees are empowered to make decisions & run with them. Scary but exciting. And lastly with a company growing this fast, the equity grants are a nice carrot.

Cons

Work life balance can tilt askew and sometimes you just have to recognize that you can't do it all. Often you're loaded up with much more than you can reasonably accomplish so you have to decide what's going to slip. Salaries are not terrific, especially for entry level. You're in it for the start up experience and the camaradarie, (plus the quarterly parties & monthly team drinks) not the salary. We need better career path planning and more concrete review criteria, but I hear some of that's in the works. The problem is, roles are constantly being created and changed, new groups are forming and so by the time you define a career progression within a department, it's obsolete.

We need better career path planning and more concrete review criteria. What exactly merits a '4' rating for "Persuation and critical thinking" for an entry-level employee vs a manager?
A better view to what career options are out there within the company for a 2-4 year player will go a long way to helping retain those folks. I see tremendous opportunities for an ambitious analytical thinker, but I'm not sure they do.

322 Other Employee Reviews for Wayfair (View Most Recent)

Great Start-Up Company Gone International

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Young company, built on diversity and culture in the Back Bay. Supervisors and leaders have years and years of experience and build their young motivated teams to mold a great atmosphere.

Cons

Pay. Huge Con. Major Con.

Great experience, but undervalued with compensation vs. level of responsibility and accountability.

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work/life culture balance. High level responsibility in an entry/mid-level role. Hands-on career development opportunities.

Cons

Small salary, high turnover among employees.

Pay us more money and we'll work harder. It's as simple as that.

There are newer employer reviews for Wayfair