There are newer employer reviews for Wayfair

Good, fun work with great people, below average pay

Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good, fun and interesting work - Great people, everyone is very helpful and friendly - Fun, young culture which is great for people out of school - Good, competitive benefits (free snacks, good medical/dental/401k, etc.)

Cons

- Way below average pay, some people get huge raises and others don't without any real reasoning - Sometimes workload can be large, depending on time of year and team

Advice to Management

Pay your engineers more, or your turnover in engineering is going to become worse than it already is. We hear a lot about how much we're growing year over year, but we don't see it reflected in our salaries. Your employees will start to feel very unappreciated.

Other Employee Reviews for Wayfair

Strong Technology Focused Company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With both co-founders having backgrounds in engineering, there is a strong engineering focus that permeates through the company. While there are certainly occasions where you just need to get things done and out the door, you do get the opportunity to go back and make sure things are build logically and scalably for the future. There is also a strong culture that encourages group outings or get togethers with coworkers. There is also a good work life balance, plus as long as your manager is ok with it (most are), you can work from home whenever you need to.

Cons

It's an open environment, no cubes, no offices. This does make everyone feel equal with each other, but if you want to have a private phone conversation for any reason, it can be a little annoying.

Advice to Management

There's not always a lot of transparency on what projects are coming up, and what the priorities really are. I realize that if no news can be good news, but a bit more clear leadership would be nice.

Software Engineer

Pros

Flexible working hours, lots of work

Cons

no management, out dated tech, less communication