There are newer employer reviews for Wayfair

Good with buzz words and flashy initiatives, bad with cultivating real talent and dedication.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair

Pros

It's always been a welcoming environment for anyone who likes to work hard, play hard, and win. I joined the company because of the exciting dynamic of young, smart, energetic people with similar goals for success.

Cons

It's easy to make negative comments about a retail company in a down economy. The truth is that it's such a young company, dealing with this economy has been quite the Achilles' heel. Unfortunately, extremely valuable people are suffering the brunt of CSN's inevitable growing pains. Compensation started off tiny--and now it's just ridiculous.

Be smart about keeping/growing the right talented people that will soon slip through the cracks! Once the world gets back on it's economic feet--you might find a massive amount of feet walking right out of your doors.

290 Other Employee Reviews for Wayfair (View Most Recent)

Good first job, but not much room for growth

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair

Pros

The best reason for working at CSN Stores, is probably the benefit package. Employees are immediately inserted into the program and eligible for health insurance and company "perks" such as a discounted gym membership, and entrance into company wide ticket raffles.

Another benefit is the ability to take time off on relatively short notice. Although the hours are compounded, new employees are able to take their allotted time off almost as soon as they are hired.

CSN Stores is a good first step into the working world, with a front row seat into the world of online retail. Employees are quickly introduced to the way orders are processed, and how the machines of retail operate. From sales to supplier management, and then customer satisfaction.

Cons

Perhaps the greatest downside to working at CSN Stores is the "glass ceiling" that exists between upper management and the rest of the company. It almost feels like the actual goings on of the company happen elsewhere, and decisions are either not mentioned at all, or after the fact. This results in a myriad of other issues including an ambiguity of employees positions within the company, any sort of ability to advance, and a "good old boys" club for those that have existed at CSN Stores since the beginning.

These traits end up discouraging employees to seek advancement or even thinking they are going anywhere else in the company. It was advertised that there was plenty of room for mobility until the economy headed south, but the overall morale of the company has yet to see a federal stimulus package.

People whispering in the hallways about their discontentment over wages (dismal), or what is going on behind closed doors is a clear indicator of how people feel about their jobs. Since downsizing a few months ago, and the hiring of outsourced customer phone agents, puts quite a damper on employees attitude.

Despite these problems, they go unnoticed or ignored like an elephant in the living room. For example, profit sharing was a highly talked about and promoted incentive last year. However it has since fallen by the wayside for lesser employees, and reserved for senior employees. It seems like there are two companies, the one that exists in managerial meetings and the other that is portrayed to the employees.

I would suggest to take into account the lower staff of the company. There is a strong sense of dissatisfaction throughout the bottom tier. Wages and appreciation are two strong areas to focus.

CSN Stores -- I love it!

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair

Pros

It's a very transparent company. You can see how each line of business is doing and have access to whatever information you want. Anyone, even the CEO, is available to ask questions of and learn from or make suggestions to. Everyone works together to solve problems and there isn't a culture of blame or of politics. There's a great energy and desire to win through the company and we hear that from suppliers and visitors constantly. It's also just fun to be part of one of the largest online retailers and get to grow with the company.

Cons

I have to show up? I mean, it's a job, but from everything I hear from all of my friends, it's fantastic compared to what's out there. You can see enough of the business to know the impact of what you're doing, even when you only have a small area you work in.

I do wish there was a better way to know what fruit was in the snack room because some of the good stuff goes fast. There's free snacks including fruit, but we run out of apples half way through the week. It would be nice to always have them on hand.

I don't know. I used to think they should be more aggressive in growing the company, but then the US economy imploded and their planning turned out to have been really, really smart and prevented any major fallout for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Wayfair

Worked for Wayfair? Contribute to the Community!