There are newer employer reviews for Wayfair

Great jump off to move forward in your career

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

enhanced work social life. Great age group of people to meet new friends. Lots of company social events.

Cons

below industry standard compensation. However this is a great company to throw on your resume and take things to the next level down the road.

Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
reviews filtered by
  • Any Location
  • Any Job Title
  1. 1 person found this helpful

    Closest thing to being back in college - but still work.

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Merchandise Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Merchandise Analyst in Boston, MA

    I worked at Wayfair full-time (more than a year)

    Pros

    Young crowd. As a recent grad, it will be easy to make friends with your coworkers (many of whom will be co-ops from nearby universities), and soon realize all those friends feel the same way about this job as you do. It's just a way to get a year or two of professional experience before inevitably quitting and finding a a better job.

    Free snacks that you will be sick of after the first month. Free team outings, meaning a free bar night once a month. The managers are pretty cool at times, and might even let you play beer pong in the office after hours.

    Cons

    Being just as poor as you were in college. Besides engineering (who are also underpaid for their degrees), no one makes over $30,000 when they start. If you have any student loans to speak of, living in the city will be nearly impossible, and living just outside of it will be barely manageable.

    Zero downtime. I know that work is work, but here you will never reach a milestone worth caring about, the next day you will be back doing the same exact thing. It's too easy to get burnt out, considering 1% of your day will include human interaction, and the other 99% will be you and your computer screens.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    No real advice, because their business model is based around paying low wages. It would just be nice if when you thought of career advancement at Wayfair, you didn't laugh, or cringe, or become severely depressed.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO
  2. The Wal-Mart of Online Retail

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Merchandising Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Merchandising Analyst in Boston, MA

    I worked at Wayfair full-time (more than a year)

    Pros

    Nice co-workers, good health benefits, decent amount of PTO

    Cons

    Managers specialize in secrecy, zero transparency, mistakes made by upper management get dumped on low-level staff, favoritism towards certain peers is unmistakable and very uncomfortable to experience, low salaries across the board, "everyone is replaceable" mentality, job ads sound fancy and exciting while IRL you will be doing data entry or check over data entry, day in, day out. Managers are never satisfied, micromanage their staff and pressure you to work weekend shifts by publishing name lists of who will and who won't attend said shifts. The work is mundane and you will burn out on it very fast. If you have a choice, go for something else.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Stop thinking everyone is replaceable and pay your employees more money. It's depressing to read emails about how amazing the company is doing in terms of profit, while you're barely surviving in the city.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for Wayfair

Work at Wayfair? Share Your Experiences

Wayfair

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.