Wayfair
www.wayfair.com Boston, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not the place to be

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsThe work you get at Wayfair is pretty simple. Its was a good entry level job after I graduated from a local college. There are some nice people in the engineering department and free snacks is a nice perk.

ConsThe work is very boring. The pay is not good. Senior management doesn't really care about people under them and it's very hard to even talk to them. The turnover rate is exceptionally high and you see people leaving all the time, but management doesn't really care and sees us as disposable. I don't see myself working here any longer, despite only being at Wayfair for a few months.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees.

Fun but don't be fooled; it's a call center

Email Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee)
    Ogden, UT

I worked at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros: No micromanaging as long as you are doing your job. Free snacks and… Cons: Dismal wage. They pay decent bonuses, but you MUST hit your bonus if you have any chance of actually paying your bills. Bonuses should be… Advice to Senior Management: Why not give the sales and service people a livable wage and make the bonuses smaller? That way they would be actual bonuses. The base… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun Company, Bad Salary

Site Merchandising (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros: Company & Team Outings, Intramural Sports, Open opportunities to take… Cons: Bad salary, often take on responsibility without compensation Advice to Senior Management: Update compensation to pay salaries that match roles - so that you will keep employees rather… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Wayfair.

Worked for Wayfair? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wayfair reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wayfair CEO Niraj Shah. All reviews posted anonymously by Wayfair employees.