Best for fast movers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the kind of place that is well suited for those that crave immediate impact. They value those that can get things done quickly, even if it's not perfect. The mantra is Facebook-esque: Move fast and break things. There is a high tolerance for mistakes, but low tolerance for slowness.

This is also the kind of place where analysts have a leg up. Those that move up fastest seem to be some combination of fast moving and smart analyst.

Cons

Not the most ideal for those that like to pontificate, ponder, or theorize. This company make decisions quickly and you don't want to be the bottleneck. Also not the best place for those that aren't looking to advance and grow. The company culture works best for ambitious, fast, and analytical types.

Advice to Management

Provide a better environment for those of us that actually want to base their careers on a steady job here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

"Good Opportunities, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Employee Development Trainer in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Employee Development Trainer in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Wayfair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Absolutely, hands down, the best place I have ever worked. The culture at Wayfair.com is always a positive experience. Literally, I have NEVER woke up in the morning thinking "I don't want to go to work". I work in the Ogden contact center and the people here are always smiling and it's more like a family than work. There are "pod outtings" that everyone in the company get to take part in to connect with their co-workers outside of the work environment. Lot's of room for opportunity-as the company prefers to promote within.

Cons

The company is so new that much of the time things are constantly changing. For some, this is a pro, for others it's a con.

Advice to Management

Continue to fight for coaching opportunities for your consultants! Also, keep communication lines open with other depts. Especially the Training Dept. to make sure everyone is on the same page and training is kept up to date on the most recent changes with procedure and policy.

2. Good company

Current Intern - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Intern - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

laid back environment, good place to start your career.

Cons

The compensation was not very competitive.

Advice to Management

Considering raise the pay for talent people.