There are newer employer reviews for Wayfair

It is a good entry level job to gain experience.

Former Employee - Entry Level Sale and Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Wayfair

Pros

There are a lot of young business professionals looking to to start their career (good culture), and there is plenty of opportunity to move up in the company.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of favortisim involved and a lot of drama between employees who have been with the company for multiple years.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of addressing scheduling needs- In the time I worked there there were multiple different schedules that were always changing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Too casual to be taken seriously, the job to have while finding a job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Wayfair

Pros

Snack room - fresh fruit and revolving snack choices helps you forget about how terrible your job is friendly co-workers changing work schedule helps avoid monotony

Cons

Tedious Various performance metrics are a hassle to record - difficult/awkward to show you are doing a good job Customer Service employees are made to feel inferior to those in other departments. Not the best situation for a service based organization.

Advice to Management

In order to retain talented employees, CSN needs to more quickly identify those that are over qualified (the majority of customer service reps) for a certain position and either pay them more, or allow for more growth opportunities within the company. Most people use CSN as a job to hold while searching for a "real" job. Casual work attire makes the job more reminiscent of sitting hungover in a college lecture hall than an actual career.

Great place to get hands-on business experience, grow and build a career.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair

Pros

CSN gives its employees a lot of responsibility right off the bat. I have a lot of friends who started their careers at the same time in finance and consulting, and the stuff that they're doing is busywork compared to the power to opportunity to drive results that I've been given at CSN. I don't just analyze data and share it with clients who may or may not choose to see it through -- the insights that I generate from my analysis lead to actions (led by me), and the impact that those actions have is often immediate and something I can evaluate in real-time. That feeling of having impact on CSN's growth is really exciting and kind of addictive. If I have an idea on how to change a process or grow one of the categories I'm working on, I'm encouraged to test it. If it doesn't work, I see that it's not working quickly and try something else. It's great to have that feeling of really making an impact to soon after starting a new job, and from what I understand from my friends, I'm pretty lucky to have found it. CSN's also a great place to make friends and meet new people. I didn't know many people in the city when I moved to Boston, and now I have a whole new crew of friends who I've met through working here. We have a lot of fun together both in and out of the office.

Cons

CSN's growing so quickly, I think being successful here means having a good comfort-level with change. You have to adapt easily and roll with the punches a bit as the business and structure of the company change as we grow. I think that constant change is actually a positive thing -- it keeps things constantly fresh and always exciting.