Wayne State

www.wayne.edu

Generous to new scholars

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsI received a generous salary and teaching load (1-1 for the first two years, 2-1 for the next three) offer and have had consistent summertime employment, if desired. My colleagues are genuinely good people to work with, and I feel part of my college's research community. Wide variety of affordable housing options both in the city and in the suburbs, depending on what you're looking for. Lots of "after school" and weekend activities in the metro Detroit area. Eight months of the year have relatively pleasant weather.

ConsDetroit continues to experience challenges stemming from the economic crisis. My house has lost value since I purchased it. Winter can be bleak, especially if you come from sunnier southern climes.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue making the university an attractive place for new faculty by providing incentives for us to come (the incentives do not have to be financial alone--may relate to teaching load, benefits package, etc.).

Being a Resident Advisor at Wayne State

Resident Advisor (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at Wayne State

Pros: There is a great family environment here at Wayne State. You always feel secure… Cons: You are always under a microscope. This is not a personal… Advice to Senior Management: I feel that the leadership here at Wayne State does an excellent job of informing their employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Mnagement needs diversity training

Academic Advisor (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

I worked at Wayne State

Pros: The diversity and exposure to the ever changing workforce. Students come from all four corners of the world but have chosen… Cons: With the diversness within the school itself, you still find a bit of racism-even after having an African American President. Some of the old gaurd… Advice to Senior Management: The world is changing, please adapt. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Wayne State.

Worked for Wayne State? Contribute to the Community!