Waypoint Homes

www.waypointhomes.com
  www.waypointhomes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waypoint Homes

Some good people, not a great work place

Current Employee - IT Technician in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - IT Technician in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Waypoint Homes full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some good experiences working in an interesting field, employees are nice. My manager was one of the few that seemed like he actually cared about his employees.

Cons

Pay was really bad, about half of what it should have been which is why I didn't stay very long. They try to make up for this by giving 'perks' of a $10 gift card to employee of the week.

Everything is a fire drill, late night/weekend emails that expect to be answered immediately. Stressful, worrying about constant lay-offs.

Huge divide between management and employees. Stingy with holidays/PTO. There was one instance where we were told in advance we had a holiday off (Memorial Day, Columbus day, can't remember) and the Friday before at like 3pm, everyone is emailed by the CEO that we no longer have the day off, as it's not really considered a holiday. People had to cancel trips/plans as some couldn't afford to take the day off.

Upper mgmt talk a good game, saying they want to help employees grow, listen to their needs, they should try following through with it. Invest in your employees, put your money where your mouth is.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Waypoint Homes (View Most Recent)

If you NEED a job you could do worse

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Waypoint Homes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are good and the ease of access is good. the team I work with is comprised of great and capable people

Cons

The management structure doesn't communicate, the employees are often over qualified and under paid. the product/service they offer is subpar and their focus is on the investor, not their client

get out while you can because I will be doing the same

Borderline humiliating

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Waypoint Homes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

seniority, had first choice with PTO.

Cons

Two pay cuts within one calendar year. Management completely sexist, will not promote women who are qualified. Management inconsistent. Constant round of lay offs due to "consolidation". Received demeaning abuse from direct manager (took one year of HR complaints for him to finally be fired). In constant fear of being laid off. Employees completely undervalued.

To be fair and consistent will ALL employees (women) in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Waypoint Homes