WePay

www.wepay.com
  www.wepay.com
There are newer employer reviews for WePay

Hands down the best place to build my career

I have been working at WePay full-time

Pros

Company: I joined WePay a couple years ago as an unpaid intern. I've quickly risen the ranks and have learned more in the last 6 months than my entire college career. I'm also blown away by the tenacity, drive, and hustle of the entire company (especially management). We have an awesome product, now-famous customer service, and a well thought out execution plan. I also work with the smartest people I know.

Perks: New macbook air, 3 free meals a day, huge snack-room stocked with whatever you want, and a young, "work hard, play hard" culture. We also get a discounted gym membership and have company off-sites every quarter.

Cons

Building a company is hard. The entire WePay team works long hours (10-12 hours per day) and is constantly pushing themselves to be better. As a result, you might feel inadequate your first few months but that goes away with time.

Keep innovating, keep moving.

11 Other Employee Reviews for WePay (View Most Recent)

Great company in an exciting industry

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at WePay full-time

Pros

Big customers, revenue is growing fast, the product solves a real problem, our customers value our services, casual but professional working environment, strong executive team, energetic working environment, lots of freedom.

Cons

The company has evolved a lot, so there are some growing pains around internal communication. There has been some turnover in the engineering leadership, which has caused our engineering team to struggle (though it looks like we're making some big investments there). Tough competition; highly regulated industry, which can be frustrating.

time is running out, we need to turn this ship around!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at WePay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture is "relaxed". If you stay in the office after 6:30 pm, you usually have the place to yourself. The two co-founders are genuinely nice guys. Awesome snacks and game room!

Cons

The flip-side of the laid-back atmosphere is a low level of desire for success. Sure there is frantic activity after a site outage, but only until the site is back up again, then everyone seems to forget it even happened.

Please stop being so complacent. We are begins slaughtered by competitors much newer than WePay. Our engineering infrastructure is horrible and everyone including the founders know it. Add to that the fact that the frequency of negative customer reviews has increased dramatically over the past year. Just about every payments review site we have looked at recently includes numerous reviews referring to WePay as a "fraud" or "scam" WePay is a legitimate business, there are honest well intentioned people here, but the company is broken.

There are newer employer reviews for WePay