There are newer employer reviews for WePay

Hands down the best place to build my career

I have been working at WePay full-time

Pros

Company: I joined WePay a couple years ago as an unpaid intern. I've quickly risen the ranks and have learned more in the last 6 months than my entire college career. I'm also blown away by the tenacity, drive, and hustle of the entire company (especially management). We have an awesome product, now-famous customer service, and a well thought out execution plan. I also work with the smartest people I know.

Perks: New macbook air, 3 free meals a day, huge snack-room stocked with whatever you want, and a young, "work hard, play hard" culture. We also get a discounted gym membership and have company off-sites every quarter.

Cons

Building a company is hard. The entire WePay team works long hours (10-12 hours per day) and is constantly pushing themselves to be better. As a result, you might feel inadequate your first few months but that goes away with time.

Keep innovating, keep moving.

8 Other Employee Reviews for WePay (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior API Engineer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior API Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at WePay full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined last year as the first female engineer. It has been a great ride. I have learned so much in the last year that I learned in four years at Harvard. The people that work here are probably some of the best people I have met in my career. Such patience, such tenacity, such passion, and such intelligence. I wake up every day looking forward to work (and let me tell you, I have been at companies where that was definitely not the case). Everyday comes a new challenge at work and new opportunities for me to grow and expand my reach. You get to grow, grow, grow. They will push you to go beyond your potential in a good way.

Cons

I would say the food for sure. It is sooo good. Haha. But if you can learn some self control, you will be fine. :)

We need more engineers especially female ones!

time is running out, we need to turn this ship around!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at WePay full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is "relaxed". If you stay in the office after 6:30 pm, you usually have the place to yourself. The two co-founders are genuinely nice guys. Awesome snacks and game room!

Cons

The flip-side of the laid-back atmosphere is a low level of desire for success. Sure there is frantic activity after a site outage, but only until the site is back up again, then everyone seems to forget it even happened.

Please stop being so complacent. We are begins slaughtered by competitors much newer than WePay. Our engineering infrastructure is horrible and everyone including the founders know it. Add to that the fact that the frequency of negative customer reviews has increased dramatically over the past year. Just about every payments review site we have looked at recently includes numerous reviews referring to WePay as a "fraud" or "scam" WePay is a legitimate business, there are honest well intentioned people here, but the company is broken.

There are newer employer reviews for WePay

Worked for WePay? Contribute to the Community!