There are newer employer reviews for WeWork

Been here for less than a year, but the journey has been fun, challenging & rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WeWork full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My colleagues are some of the brightest and hard working people I've ever encountered. Also helps that they're social and fun. I feel lucky to not only be proud of the products and services we're creating & providing, but also be able to engage with such a smart & motivated group of people. You MUST be a self starter to thrive in the wework environment.

Cons

There is segregation among the different departments. Need to work on communication and collaborating with one another more. Also, coffee could be better...

Recognize the amazing people that you've got working with you. You found and recruited us, make sure to manage us, we don't need hand holding but want to understand the big picture.

26 Other Employee Reviews for WeWork (View Most Recent)

Great place to start career

I have been working at WeWork full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people that work for wework are awesome. Everybody is energized and excited about the work that they are doing. The office space that we work in is great, really nice place to go to everyday. Free coffee and beer. Employees get a chance to get equity in the company. Get to go to awesome events thrown by wework, such as summer camp which is unreal. Opportunities to get into many different departments and touch many aspects of the company if you want to.

Cons

Not much guidance so if you are not a go-getter you will most likely get lost. Not great work-life balance, long hours. Pay is decent but equity being granted to employees helps that.

Have more open lines of communication with the rest of the company and be more transparent

Awesome Company with Awesome Values

I have been working at WeWork

Pros

WeWork is full of positive, intelligent and engaging people. The Management team is constantly pushing the employees to think outside the box and inspire their colleagues with innovative ideas. Where the company is lacking in bandwidth it makes up for in job growth and employees having the ability to experience certain things that they may not have previously been exposed to. I've never worked at a place where so many of my colleagues I could call my friends. I enjoy coming to work every morning and genuinely want to see each of my colleagues and member companies succeed.

Cons

Depending on your role in the company training can feel a bit rushed and not thorough. We could work more on our internal communications both within teams and at the Management level.

Don't forget our mission and values! Listen to your teams and their advice from on the ground. Let's not get disconnected from the core of what we do -- our members!!

There are newer employer reviews for WeWork