There are newer employer reviews for WeWork

Been here for less than a year, but the journey has been fun, challenging & rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WeWork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My colleagues are some of the brightest and hard working people I've ever encountered. Also helps that they're social and fun. I feel lucky to not only be proud of the products and services we're creating & providing, but also be able to engage with such a smart & motivated group of people. You MUST be a self starter to thrive in the wework environment.

Cons

There is segregation among the different departments. Need to work on communication and collaborating with one another more. Also, coffee could be better...

Advice to Management

Recognize the amazing people that you've got working with you. You found and recruited us, make sure to manage us, we don't need hand holding but want to understand the big picture.

Other Employee Reviews for WeWork

1. Awesome Company with Awesome Values

Pros

WeWork is full of positive, intelligent and engaging people. The Management team is constantly pushing the employees to think outside the box and inspire their colleagues with innovative ideas. Where the company is lacking in bandwidth it makes up for in job growth and employees having the ability to experience certain things that they may not have previously been exposed to. I've never worked at a place where so many of my colleagues I could call my friends. I enjoy coming to work every morning and genuinely want to see each of my colleagues and member companies succeed.

Cons

Depending on your role in the company training can feel a bit rushed and not thorough. We could work more on our internal communications both within teams and at the Management level.

Advice to Management

Don't forget our mission and values! Listen to your teams and their advice from on the ground. Let's not get disconnected from the core of what we do -- our members!!

2. Work hard, play hard, grow fast, have fun

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at WeWork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never worked for a company that's growing so fast. It's hard to explain, but there's something in the air that makes it a fun place to be in. There's a real opportunity to have a significant effect on the lives of thousands of people (our members). Most employees are very smart, fun and hard working. In most departments there are great growth opportunities. You are always given opportunities to excel, and If you do an amazing job - you are promoted and given bigger challenges. Also, WeWork throws the best events for employees and members.

Cons

Hard work, long hours. It's part of the job. Don't expect very high salary compensation, but I think overall it's fair, and they are generous with equity which I hope will become a real thing.

Advice to Management

This summer management granted 3 half-Fridays off, to help people get some personal time amid all the hard work. Keep doing more of those things. We love to work hard, but we appreciate resting from time to time!