There are newer employer reviews for WeWork

Been here for less than a year, but the journey has been fun, challenging & rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WeWork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My colleagues are some of the brightest and hard working people I've ever encountered. Also helps that they're social and fun. I feel lucky to not only be proud of the products and services we're creating & providing, but also be able to engage with such a smart & motivated group of people. You MUST be a self starter to thrive in the wework environment.

Cons

There is segregation among the different departments. Need to work on communication and collaborating with one another more. Also, coffee could be better...

Advice to Management

Recognize the amazing people that you've got working with you. You found and recruited us, make sure to manage us, we don't need hand holding but want to understand the big picture.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Life changing

I have been working at WeWork full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is genuinely trying to make a difference in the world. It is lead by true visionaries who deeply care. There are many different kinds of people on the executive team. The business is positioned to change the way people work and also the way they live in general. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are self-motivated, there is no ceiling on how high you can go. There is a different feeling at WeWork then any other company I've experienced and being there you really feel you are part of a movement.

Cons

There is disorganization at times and lack of clarity in the corporate chart. The company is growing so quickly it sometimes feels a bit chaotic. Aside from that, I really don't understand some of the negative posts I've seen on this site about it at all.

Advice to Management

Try to always stay true to the mission of the company as WeWork can actually change the world if you do. Stay humble and small as things grow big and always remember your members as they drive it all.

2. Work hard, play hard, grow fast, have fun

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at WeWork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never worked for a company that's growing so fast. It's hard to explain, but there's something in the air that makes it a fun place to be in. There's a real opportunity to have a significant effect on the lives of thousands of people (our members). Most employees are very smart, fun and hard working. In most departments there are great growth opportunities. You are always given opportunities to excel, and If you do an amazing job - you are promoted and given bigger challenges. Also, WeWork throws the best events for employees and members.

Cons

Hard work, long hours. It's part of the job. Don't expect very high salary compensation, but I think overall it's fair, and they are generous with equity which I hope will become a real thing.

Advice to Management

This summer management granted 3 half-Fridays off, to help people get some personal time amid all the hard work. Keep doing more of those things. We love to work hard, but we appreciate resting from time to time!