Weather Channel

www.weather.com

Nice People, Disorganized Priorities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat coworkers - lots of talent here. Sense of pride for company and mission, particularly during severe weather events when everyone steps up and makes sure we get the facts out there.

ConsPoor morale amongst coworkers. Little-to-no company functions. Indecisive management, quick to jump onto the latest bandwagon. Too many cooks in the kitchen when it comes to decisions or products.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees, or hire more "followers." Either let them be the master of their own destiny or tell them flat out that it's management's way or the highway. Don't be so afraid to fail. Think outside the box.

The Truth about TWC

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Weather Channel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: TWC provides an especially good environment as a stepping stone… Cons: Before TWC was sold, the company was a great place to work. Now, it's… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's not what it used to be, but still a good company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Weather Channel full-time

Pros: -Some of the best and nicest people to work with -Decent benefits but good work life balance -If… Cons: -Top heavy management, lean on associates and supporting staff with many levels of senior management (too many VP+). Titles are one or two levels… Advice to Senior Management: -While the goal is to sell the company in 2013/2014, the company is not positioned competitively for growth in the 4 - 6 yr time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Weather Channel.

Worked for Weather Channel? Contribute to the Community!