Weather Channel

www.weather.com
  www.weather.com
There are newer employer reviews for Weather Channel

Oh for the days when we cared about weather

Current Employee - Mobile in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Mobile in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Weather Channel full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Supposedly they are putting in new break rooms with 'healthy' treats with the money they are saving from the 70+ of my colleagues they laid off, which is interesting as they are already refilling those same positions with similar people. Hmm. Sure hope we still get apples.

Cons

There isn't enough space or time. The new management does nothing to show it supports their employees. Whereas it used to be a nice work environment with clear purpose and goals, it is now a work environment built on fear, lies and repeated misinformation. Everyday we come to work wondering if today will be the day where WE get to be led out by security with a cardboard box like we are criminals who did something wrong instead of busting both our physical and metaphorical arses day in and day out. We have no REAL clue what the goals of the current 'leadership' are or direction of the company, other than to bring their buddies in from various hotel and website chains and create Vice President positions for them. The current regime is clearly there to flip the company for a profit within the next 3 years before they too hit the door after collecting their respective
profits.
I am NOT the minority in this opinion. Merely the anonymous voice of the majority.

At least pretend like you care about your employees health and work atmosphere. You are fooling nobody with this illusion you are putting forth and it shows from employee morale to on-air ratings, which of course doesn't matter as much now that most of the focus and resources are geared toward web and mobile.

138 Other Employee Reviews for Weather Channel (View Most Recent)

Nice People, Disorganized Priorities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Weather Channel full-time

Pros

Great coworkers - lots of talent here. Sense of pride for company and mission, particularly during severe weather events when everyone steps up and makes sure we get the facts out there.

Cons

Poor morale amongst coworkers. Little-to-no company functions. Indecisive management, quick to jump onto the latest bandwagon. Too many cooks in the kitchen when it comes to decisions or products.

Trust your employees, or hire more "followers." Either let them be the master of their own destiny or tell them flat out that it's management's way or the highway. Don't be so afraid to fail. Think outside the box.

The Truth about TWC

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Weather Channel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

TWC provides an especially good environment as a stepping stone to further your career at another company.

Cons

Before TWC was sold, the company was a great place to work. Now, it's all about the bottom line which in turn sacrificed the heart and soul of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Weather Channel