Weather Channel

www.weather.com
There are newer employer reviews for Weather Channel

Unsastifying, not much room for growth. Company is taking too many directions

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Weather Channel as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent. If you like quiet offices, this is the place.

Cons

Lots of turnovers. Company prefers to hire people out of state for upper management.

Include the lower end of the spectrum on your decisions

142 Other Employee Reviews for Weather Channel (View Most Recent)

Wonderful people, Horrifying politics.

Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Weather Channel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice, talented people. Big potential for the company to grow. Pleasant, green surroundings. Not much traffic on that end of town.

Cons

Full of warring factions. Fickle management. No consensus on the company's direction. Departments fight over resources. No harmony or unified agenda. Loads of VPs tripping all over each other all the time -- and actually tripping each other too. Organization not positioned to take advantage of its potential.

Get rid of the dead wood. Stop making promotions that baffle the rank and file. Fix org chart and comp plans to motivate everyone to work with instead of against each other. When the rank and file are baffled by your decisions, find out what they know that you don't. They might just be onto something.

Oh for the days when we cared about weather

Current Employee - Mobile in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Mobile in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Weather Channel full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Supposedly they are putting in new break rooms with 'healthy' treats with the money they are saving from the 70+ of my colleagues they laid off, which is interesting as they are already refilling those same positions with similar people. Hmm. Sure hope we still get apples.

Cons

There isn't enough space or time. The new management does nothing to show it supports their employees. Whereas it used to be a nice work environment with clear purpose and goals, it is now a work environment built on fear, lies and repeated misinformation. Everyday we come to work wondering if today will be the day where WE get to be led out by security with a cardboard box like we are criminals who did something wrong instead of busting both our physical and metaphorical arses day in and day out. We have no REAL clue what the goals of the current 'leadership' are or direction of the company, other than to bring their buddies in from various hotel and website chains and create Vice President positions for them. The current regime is clearly there to flip the company for a profit within the next 3 years before they too hit the door after collecting their respective
    profits.
    I am NOT the minority in this opinion. Merely the anonymous voice of the majority.

At least pretend like you care about your employees health and work atmosphere. You are fooling nobody with this illusion you are putting forth and it shows from employee morale to on-air ratings, which of course doesn't matter as much now that most of the focus and resources are geared toward web and mobile.

There are newer employer reviews for Weather Channel