Weather Channel

www.weather.com

It is what it is

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe Weather Channel has done what is necessary to transition from a "middling" company to a transformational company. They have shed the yoke of a "quality place to work" for the relentless pursuit of "what have you done for me lately" mentality. Question is, can something so commoditized as the weather be a defining, successful business model? If you think that brand supersedes the marketplace then bet on The Weather Channel.

ConsC-Level management behaves as though they are in the untouchable caste. New hires almost certainly have to have some previous connection to C-Level management to come aboard if they hope to achieve.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't turn your back on the "establishment" associates - they built this company. They have wisdom and insight that applies to the business. This isn't just another start-up that you can spur with superfluous, shiny ideas and flip for a dollar. Consumers value The Weather Channel for its steadfast trustworthiness and insight.

Partly Cloudy With A Chance of Sunshine

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Weather Channel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great employees who go the extra mile to support the business. Resilient workforce… Cons: Very poor executive team-- 3 CEO's in 4 years. No integrity. Cut throat… Advice to Senior Management: Like the website, Apps, and Cable channel - you are being watched. You need a serious introspective exam… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The Weather inside is frightful

Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Weather Channel full-time for more than a year

Pros: There are few Pros - and I mean that both as in Professionals and in positive attributes of… Cons: The lack of professionalism and experience amongst the middle and senior management ranks is truly astounding. This is due to the fact that David Kenny… Advice to Senior Management: Instead of spending an inordinate amount of money on tons of consultants, how about some true leadership David Kenny? Come down from your private jet,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Weather Channel.

Worked for Weather Channel? Contribute to the Community!