Can be absolutely great if you work with the right specialties.. if not, good luck.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, fun atmosphere, casual dress code.

Cons

If you are selected to be a recruiter of a non locum heavy specialty there is zero chance to be successful. Regardless of what they tell you, there are just some specialties that are not good for locum tenens. This will lead to under-performing and not meeting "expectations," which management will not hesitate to let you know in the weekly one on ones. Management can be completely useless as well, with some managers being completely incompetent other than being able to hound you for sales, sales, sales! Have fun and good luck if you are selected to be part of one of these teams, as you will inevitably fail and they will hound you for it until you quit yourself. The base salary is terrible as well so if your not making commission (which you wont if you are part of one of those teams) then there is no chance to feel that you are fairly compensated for making 95 cold calls a day with zero positive outcome from it.

Pay your employees fairly and instead of trying to zone in on every specialty take the initiative and understand that some specialties are not supposed to be locum based, and if you still must insist on offering locums for the specialties you need to more fairly compensate employees who ultimately have no choice in which specialty they are placed on to begin with.

Other Reviews for Weatherby Healthcare

Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office is build to promote an outstanding culture. President truly cares about the people of the company. Great leadership structure and promotions are given within company. I have seen 3 people on my team move up. A ton of recognition and energized events/training. Recently had a company rally event out of the ofice and everyone was so pumped after it - awesome high energy feeling. My teammates and leaders are encouraging and help me daily to be successful and stay on the right track.

Cons

This is a phone business and hard to get started if not use to being on the phone. However, after you get the swing of it; becomes 2nd nature. Building relationships over the phone is a little challenging.

I'm looking to be a part of the Leadership Team - working hard and being peronally accountable is the message I'm getting. Client side here I come, then maybe Leadership.

Not what it seems

Current Employee - External Credentialing Manager  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - External Credentialing Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dress how you want, Lots of Food, They teach a great culture

Cons

They do not live by this culture, Forced reviews, bad treatment of admin staff, and no accountability for making errors unless you don't sell

Hold others accountable for their actions regardless if it affects your bottom line. If you do this then The sales reps, managers, Directors would actually care about the process that you enlist and follow it because there are actually consequences for not following what the company has set. You have lost a lot of good people out of flat out disrespect. Oh and pay your admin staff more

There are newer employer reviews for Weatherby Healthcare.

Worked for Weatherby Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!