Weatherby Healthcare

www.weatherbyhealthcare.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Weatherby Healthcare

Love the company, not the position

Current Employee - Assignment Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Assignment Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture Motivating leaders Impeccable orientation and ongoing training They promote a work life balance Lots of company events and morale boosters Innovative and exciting industry

Cons

I do not have any qualms with the company overall but just with my position in general. There is an overwhelming amount of downtime and the work is not even distributed among the staff in my department. The days drag on and I do not feel challenged. Concerns have been brought up repeatedly but without any change.

Advice to Management

Evenly distribute the work. One person should not be drowning in work when another is literally sitting around doing nothing all day.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Glorified Telemarketing Job

Former Employee - Physician Consultant/Recruiter in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Physician Consultant/Recruiter in Cary, NC

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and 401k plan

Cons

You are encouraged take advantage of your time off then told to extend your days to work 10 hours or more per day. Took a personal day and was harshly criticized by manager. You are basically wined and dined for two weeks prior to starting your job and told all about the top performers making as much as a seven figure income, only to find out you will be one of several grunts making tons of phone calls while the chosen few pick over the true opportunities. Only sales job I've ever heard of where you actually compete against your sales manger as mine was trying to fill jobs and competing with me rather than truly helping me. Expect to be on the phone all day and have folks listening to you as well. Great job for someone just coming out of school or someone that can live on $30k per year. If neither of those two things apply to you then my advice would be look elsewhere and don't believe the hype!

Advice to Management

Set reasonable call objectives. You would get better results if someone made 30 to 40 great calls per day as opposed to feeling like you have to rush from call to call as you are expected to make a minimum of 95 calls per day. Also need to find a better way to prospect rather than having the same consultants calling the exact same offices and doctors over and over. Of course when you are using a database system from the late 1980's rather than a modern CRM I guess those Excel spreadsheets seem like an advanced tool to them!

Too unstable, no support

Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential to make 6 figures if you stick it out for about 3 years Relaxed dress code Good benefits package

Cons

No support from senior management. Your job is constantly threatened. Your anxiety levels will rise. Expectations are unrealistic. Some may say "that's sales", but there is a difference between aggressive and unrealistic goals. Politics and nepotism in full effect. They try to screw you out of every dollar possible.

Advice to Management

The core principal of the company is "Putting People First"...It's a total farce at Weatherby. Think of your employees...put them first and everything will grow from there.