Not Valued - Under Compensated - Poor Management - No Communication

Pros

+ decent amount of PTO (3 weeks) + stock options + partial-match 401k + decent health/dental benefits + some great, smart co-workers + somewhat flexible work schedules

Cons

- zero communication between upper management and the rest of the staff (very closed-door) - poor salaries that are well below industry averages - no raises...they admit they do not offer annual raises (not even cost of living raises!), but instead they will provide merit based raises. Specifically, we were told that "if you are given extra work beyond the scope of what you were hired for, your salary will be reconsidered". That would be fine, except these raises are impossible to get. After absorbing a lot of extra work (multiple people's jobs), when I asked for my salary to be reviewed, I was turned down and belittled. I was not the only person who this happened to. - extremely disjointed between their multiple offices - company culture is lacking. It's not a fun environment. - high employee turnover - no incentives to do better work (pay or otherwise). We would have reviews that essentially meant nothing... "You're doing a great job, but we're not going to do anything for you" - inefficient business practices are a daily occurrence (unnecessary meetings, novel-length emails, having 10 people involved when one person could do the work...) - no continued training. In this industry, we should constantly be trained on the latest industry knowledge - Incompetent management. Why not get rid of some of the useless big salary employees and reward the people actually doing the work?

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees better. There are a lot of brilliant people that work here, but you are not acknowledging them whatsoever. Even if you "can't" offer raises, give people extra PTO or other added benefits. Also, you need to be doing some internal reviews of your "management". What exactly do they do all day?

Other Employee Reviews for Web.com Inc

Management encouraged to get the job done regardless of our own ethical instincts.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

Fun place when you are making sales for the company. Commission structure allows you to motivate yourself. The majority of employees were young and energetic. Christmas was a blast!!

Cons

Wasn't the most ethical place to work. If you are comfortable with stretching the truth on 100 sales calls a day this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

It is inappropriate for managers to date their employees. Favoritism ruins the morale of the sales floor.

It would be a great job if the pay was good.

Pros

It's a great entry into the internet industry. The company is growing and if they find a way to expand this will be a good place to grow. It's a "corporate" company with a small business mentality so you are not stifled.

Cons

They don't pay enough. Compensation is not inline with market.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your people, they are your product.