Web.com Inc

www.web.com

Not Valued - Under Compensated - Poor Management - No Communication

Pros+ decent amount of PTO (3 weeks)
+ stock options
+ partial-match 401k
+ decent health/dental benefits
+ some great, smart co-workers
+ somewhat flexible work schedules

Cons- zero communication between upper management and the rest of the staff (very closed-door)
- poor salaries that are well below industry averages
- no raises...they admit they do not offer annual raises (not even cost of living raises!), but instead they will provide merit based raises. Specifically, we were told that "if you are given extra work beyond the scope of what you were hired for, your salary will be reconsidered". That would be fine, except these raises are impossible to get. After absorbing a lot of extra work (multiple people's jobs), when I asked for my salary to be reviewed, I was turned down and belittled. I was not the only person who this happened to.
- extremely disjointed between their multiple offices
- company culture is lacking. It's not a fun environment.
- high employee turnover
- no incentives to do better work (pay or otherwise). We would have reviews that essentially meant nothing... "You're doing a great job, but we're not going to do anything for you"
- inefficient business practices are a daily occurrence (unnecessary meetings, novel-length emails, having 10 people involved when one person could do the work...)
- no continued training. In this industry, we should constantly be trained on the latest industry knowledge
- Incompetent management. Why not get rid of some of the useless big salary employees and reward the people actually doing the work?

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees better. There are a lot of brilliant people that work here, but you are not acknowledging them whatsoever. Even if you "can't" offer raises, give people extra PTO or other added benefits. Also, you need to be doing some internal reviews of your "management". What exactly do they do all day?

It would be a great job if the pay was good.

I have been working at Web.com Inc

Pros: It's a great entry into the internet industry. The company is growing and if they find a way to expand this… Cons: They don't pay enough. Compensation is not inline with market. Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in your people, they are your product. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Management encouraged to get the job done regardless of our own ethical instincts.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Web.com Inc

Pros: Fun place when you are making sales for the company. Commission structure allows you to… Cons: Wasn't the most ethical place to work. If you are comfortable with stretching… Advice to Senior Management: It is inappropriate for managers to date their employees. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Web.com Inc.

Worked for Web.com Inc? Contribute to the Community!