There are newer employer reviews for Web.com Inc

So much potential

I have been working at Web.com Inc

Pros

Great people to work with! Under the right circumstances it could be a fun job. Good benefits.

Cons

The pay is terrible! There is an illogical no-raise policy and the cost of living has not been considered for the past decade. The amount of work and high stress level is not commensurate with the low pay. Sales is also so good at promising they will squeeze blood out of a turnip that once the client gets the product, everyone else has to suffer for their lies. But if we were paid well enough to deal with the constant irate clients, I don't think many would complain.

Pay your employees! If you would pay us more, the good people would stay in your company. This would result in more experienced agents helping your clients and providing excellent customer service. As it stands, the customer service of this company is terrible because they churn employees left and right since no one wants to stay there once they realize they will never get a raise. Unless, of course, they sell their soul and first born and become a supervisor and take on 150% more responsibility and stress for a whopping extra dollar an hour.

84 Other Employee Reviews for Web.com Inc (View Most Recent)

Not Valued - Under Compensated - Poor Management - No Communication

I have been working at Web.com Inc

Pros

+ decent amount of PTO (3 weeks)
    + stock options
    + partial-match 401k
    + decent health/dental benefits
    + some great, smart co-workers
    + somewhat flexible work schedules

Cons

- zero communication between upper management and the rest of the staff (very closed-door)
    - poor salaries that are well below industry averages
    - no raises...they admit they do not offer annual raises (not even cost of living raises!), but instead they will provide merit based raises. Specifically, we were told that "if you are given extra work beyond the scope of what you were hired for, your salary will be reconsidered". That would be fine, except these raises are impossible to get. After absorbing a lot of extra work (multiple people's jobs), when I asked for my salary to be reviewed, I was turned down and belittled. I was not the only person who this happened to.
    - extremely disjointed between their multiple offices
    - company culture is lacking. It's not a fun environment.
    - high employee turnover
    - no incentives to do better work (pay or otherwise). We would have reviews that essentially meant nothing... "You're doing a great job, but we're not going to do anything for you"
    - inefficient business practices are a daily occurrence (unnecessary meetings, novel-length emails, having 10 people involved when one person could do the work...)
    - no continued training. In this industry, we should constantly be trained on the latest industry knowledge
    - Incompetent management. Why not get rid of some of the useless big salary employees and reward the people actually doing the work?

Take care of your employees better. There are a lot of brilliant people that work here, but you are not acknowledging them whatsoever. Even if you "can't" offer raises, give people extra PTO or other added benefits. Also, you need to be doing some internal reviews of your "management". What exactly do they do all day?

It would be a great job if the pay was good.

I have been working at Web.com Inc

Pros

It's a great entry into the internet industry. The company is growing and if they find a way to expand this will be a good place to grow. It's a "corporate" company with a small business mentality so you are not stifled.

Cons

They don't pay enough. Compensation is not inline with market.

Invest more in your people, they are your product.

There are newer employer reviews for Web.com Inc

Worked for Web.com Inc? Contribute to the Community!