WebMD Health

www.webmd.com
  www.webmd.com
There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

It's a good experience and a pretty good work work environment.

I have been working at WebMD Health

Pros

For the most part, depending on who you work with, you work with great people which is really important. Work and life balance are very good. Overall, this can be a great career.

Cons

There are some communication gaps from the top down and limited career growth as of now. This may depend on what part of the company you work in. Change can be very slow and difficult as with most big companies. Salaries are competitive but you need to start high because pay increases and bonuses are very limited unless you are promoted. If you are a manager the person that reports to you can make more than you.

Keep pushing for fair compensation and good people who create a positive environment.

196 Other Employee Reviews for WebMD Health (View Most Recent)

It depends on your department and manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at WebMD Health

Pros

Great location. Lots of jobs opening up all the time.

Cons

The work load and how the work is parsed out varies by department and manager. Complete work inequality in how work load is handled. There is lots of backstabbing, little room for advancement, and no job growth. It was like being on a treadmill. Work load in my area was an expected 60-70 hours per week with no overtime pay. Expect to work on your vacations in some areas. Don't expect improvements in processes because there is no BPI. Over the last 12 months over 50% of there employees have left. Read the reviews before you take a job here.

Hire a consulting company to look at the issues. Current management is unable to see and handle the problems.

Challenging in a really constructive way

I have been working at WebMD Health

Pros

Some of the smartest people I have ever worked with. I continue to learn from the people around me

Cons

Things changing so quickly there is little time to stop and reflect on the work you have done I just don't have the free time catch up with the work I have.

Prune the priorities to maintain a realistic set of actions for the organization to accomplish

There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health