There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

An okay experience. Good name. Helps me get other interviews. Not too difficult.

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Company has a good brand. They tell you this over and over and over and over in every meeting.

Cons

Seems like most of the depts. are unnecessary and overall none of the projects are exciting.

Company needs to innovate.

Innovate

192 Other Employee Reviews for WebMD Health (View Most Recent)

Very positive

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open, approachable team management; employee autonomy and self-management.

Cons

Communication can and should be improved between teams.

Develop more effective strategies for communication between teams.

Most stressful job of my career. Walk away from the idea of working at WebMD now. Questionable practices!!

Former Employee - Advertising Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Advertising Sales in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Great brand name, little competition to which they use to thier advantage, and follows strict guidelines for following medical/health related advertising. Great company parties.

Cons

Overpriced ad product, not customer cerntric, favoritism of certain staff, strong arm tactics with clients, and most of all so stuck on politics and company protocol that it was simply not an efficient business. Lots of internal power struggles and often felt like people would step all over eachother to maintain turf. In my experience, VERY questionable personal tactics by HR and Senior Managers to get you out the door, questionable review process, etc. I often felt the sense of favoritism and burn and churn on the employees. Pushing employees to push clients into areas that weren't always in thier best interest. I simply would not reccomend this company to anyone thinking about making a move there. My peers were great, but management was terrible. You had to be very sneaky, kiss up, bypass rules to survive here. I personally wish I had done my homework more carefully before accepting the position I did. What you have heard about the internal workings here are accurate. Caveat Emptor.

Treat employees better, do better job of tranining people and put the right managers in place for thier respective jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health