There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

Totally mismanaged especially in Atlanta

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

great people with lots of talent
Great location
Used to be a fun place to work

Cons

Well, what isn't bad about the company? Sadly, it wasn't like this all the time. Once all this management was brought on board things became worse by the day. Majority of the senior management team are cooks without cooking knowledge and some don't even know how to use the pots and pans but yet they decide the recipes.

I truly feel sorry for those employees that were left behind because I know that Webmd will work them to the bone without providing any real compensation or rewards. I can only blame the leadership because the company wasn't like this in the past it all started around the office relocation in 2010 or so.

It is very frustrating having to listen to individuals that have never designed or developed anything in their lives but get to make the decisions, even worse is that the results are so blatant in your face (not in a good way) but maybe this is the direction they want to take the company.

I can tell you it is very disheartening to see a company which has an excellent reputation and was doing some great things but being undermined by some really bad leadership and decisions. Unfortunately, it appears that the company is very reactive and they haven't figured out that the employees are the best assets because they have created all of the products, they understand the technology, they live the development but the guy that doesn't have a clue gets to make the call.

I believe those that were laid off actually were the lucky ones because they won't have a problem finding employment anywhere else. Those left behind will have to work for 2 now since half of the office was dismissed, even though they stated it wouldn't be the case but you can't believe a word they say.

I can't predict the future for Webmd but from where I was, I see hard times but sometimes things have to be destroyed before they can be rebuild. Just wish my former coworkers good luck and keep your head up. On the bright side those that will work for new companies may be able to make recommendations!

Pay employees what they are worth, the insulting yearly increase is not even worth the effort the company puts the employees through with this tedious review process that is utterly ridiculous.

Send all of the leadership to boot camp at top performing companies so they can learn, how to reward employees properly which in turn gets them motivated. Right now, all of the people just want their work day to be over. Or just get new and real management.

188 Other Employee Reviews for WebMD Health (View Most Recent)

An okay experience. Good name. Helps me get other interviews. Not too difficult.

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Company has a good brand. They tell you this over and over and over and over in every meeting.

Cons

Seems like most of the depts. are unnecessary and overall none of the projects are exciting.

Company needs to innovate.

Innovate

Very positive

Current Employee - User Experience Designer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Open, approachable team management; employee autonomy and self-management.

Cons

Communication can and should be improved between teams.

Develop more effective strategies for communication between teams.

There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

Worked for WebMD Health? Contribute to the Community!