There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

Totally mismanaged especially in Atlanta

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

great people with lots of talent
Great location
Used to be a fun place to work

Cons

Well, what isn't bad about the company? Sadly, it wasn't like this all the time. Once all this management was brought on board things became worse by the day. Majority of the senior management team are cooks without cooking knowledge and some don't even know how to use the pots and pans but yet they decide the recipes.

I truly feel sorry for those employees that were left behind because I know that Webmd will work them to the bone without providing any real compensation or rewards. I can only blame the leadership because the company wasn't like this in the past it all started around the office relocation in 2010 or so.

It is very frustrating having to listen to individuals that have never designed or developed anything in their lives but get to make the decisions, even worse is that the results are so blatant in your face (not in a good way) but maybe this is the direction they want to take the company.

I can tell you it is very disheartening to see a company which has an excellent reputation and was doing some great things but being undermined by some really bad leadership and decisions. Unfortunately, it appears that the company is very reactive and they haven't figured out that the employees are the best assets because they have created all of the products, they understand the technology, they live the development but the guy that doesn't have a clue gets to make the call.

I believe those that were laid off actually were the lucky ones because they won't have a problem finding employment anywhere else. Those left behind will have to work for 2 now since half of the office was dismissed, even though they stated it wouldn't be the case but you can't believe a word they say.

I can't predict the future for Webmd but from where I was, I see hard times but sometimes things have to be destroyed before they can be rebuild. Just wish my former coworkers good luck and keep your head up. On the bright side those that will work for new companies may be able to make recommendations!

Pay employees what they are worth, the insulting yearly increase is not even worth the effort the company puts the employees through with this tedious review process that is utterly ridiculous.

Send all of the leadership to boot camp at top performing companies so they can learn, how to reward employees properly which in turn gets them motivated. Right now, all of the people just want their work day to be over. Or just get new and real management.

190 Other Employee Reviews for WebMD Health (View Most Recent)

Most stressful job of my career. Walk away from the idea of working at WebMD now. Questionable practices!!

Former Employee - Advertising Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Advertising Sales in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Great brand name, little competition to which they use to thier advantage, and follows strict guidelines for following medical/health related advertising. Great company parties.

Cons

Overpriced ad product, not customer cerntric, favoritism of certain staff, strong arm tactics with clients, and most of all so stuck on politics and company protocol that it was simply not an efficient business. Lots of internal power struggles and often felt like people would step all over eachother to maintain turf. In my experience, VERY questionable personal tactics by HR and Senior Managers to get you out the door, questionable review process, etc. I often felt the sense of favoritism and burn and churn on the employees. Pushing employees to push clients into areas that weren't always in thier best interest. I simply would not reccomend this company to anyone thinking about making a move there. My peers were great, but management was terrible. You had to be very sneaky, kiss up, bypass rules to survive here. I personally wish I had done my homework more carefully before accepting the position I did. What you have heard about the internal workings here are accurate. Caveat Emptor.

Treat employees better, do better job of tranining people and put the right managers in place for thier respective jobs.

Very positive

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open, approachable team management; employee autonomy and self-management.

Cons

Communication can and should be improved between teams.

Develop more effective strategies for communication between teams.

There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health