There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

Loved it!

Former Intern - Intern in Atlanta, GA
Former Intern - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WebMD Health as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of pros at WebMD. I would say the people, most of all, were absolutely wonderful. Everyone was so intelligent, friendly, and willing to help and share information. In addition, I would say they have wonderful company appreciation/holiday events. I liked the work I was able to do, but I think that relied mainly on my boss. She was great and really wanted the internship to be a worthwhile experience. I would say it definitely was and you should apply!

Cons

There was a lot of caution with new ideas. I think they could be more open to new ideas especially when competitors are doing and succeeding with them.

Be more open to new ideas

reviews filtered by

Never been at a company that deliberately wants to fail

I have been working at WebMD Health

Pros

Very talented people at the company but many are leaving or looking to leave, but that's about it.

Cons

Probably more than can be written here.

Bad management all around, very out of touch and have no real understanding about technology their knowledge is very dated. The company has really so much potential but for some reason we keep getting duds in the leadership roles. We lost so many good and talented people but yet all of the top heavy management were able to keep their jobs not sure why because they are about 80% of the problem. Here are bullet points why the company is going down the toilet
    - No Employee Retention
    Over the past 6+ months the leadership team was able to demoralize this company to lowest as it has ever been. They have no plan to change this.
    - Leadership is totally out of touch with what the company does
    We create the traffic, the content and the purpose but managment is so clueless and they shut any real initiatives down or simply ignore them.
    - Maybe they just trying to make the books look good on paper and could careless if the company will pull through or not.
    - Employees do twice as much work with less resources. how long do they think that this will go on?

You can have an allstar team but if their is no leadership and coaching, you will still lose.

I just watched several interviews with top executive of Google, Yahoo, Zappo's, etc. and everything they are stating in the success of their company's success. WebMD is doing the exact opposite.

The Number 1 thing all of these executives stated was "Investment in their Employees" as they drive their products, innovation, ideas, vision, etc. However, WebMD idea is to cut everything and make the employees work like slaves and tweak a few products here and there. This what WebMD's idea of changing the game is. Doing the same thing but adding a few bells and whistles. Good luck with that.

WebMD needs new leadership period. Not out dated individuals that command high salaries that can't see past yesterday and know how to ignite inspiration not demoralize the entire enviornment daily with false promises and fake motivational speeches that have no substance.

2. Great place to be.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good executive leadership. Well run technology department. High quality talent.

Cons

The vacation benefit is minimal.

There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health