WebMD Health
www.webmd.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you are a person with good ideas, take them elsewhere.

New York, NY

ProsIf you negotiate a bit, you might get paid better than average.
Free bottled water.

ConsEverything else.

Management DOES NOT listen to ideas, which is extremely frustrating when you have some that could potentially help to fix a sinking ship. Everyone likes to throw around the word "innovate," but no one seems to actually know what it means. Your ideas will be ignored by upper management, and they will continue to recycle the same old approaches that worked 10 years, praying they will continue to work today. Guess what? They won't, and that's why the company is failing.

This culture is extremely demoralizing. All the talented employees are simply biding their time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all of the upper management and replace them with people who listen, care, are present, and actually know the industry.

It's a Shame...

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great brand, interesting work, great location in midtown, a lot of… Cons: Bad management (really bad), chronic disconnect between NY and ATL. And over the last year or… Advice to Senior Management: Retool for longterm growth and success, and invest in employees. Focus on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was good....for awhile

Former Medscape Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are talented people there, people who will appreciate you and try and mentor you even across divisions and teams. People complain about the… Cons: I did feel underappreciated at times. Was sometimes demeaned. On certain teams there was the sense of "watch your back" and politic (aka suck… Advice to Senior Management: I hope there are some of you that still do care and will read the writing on the wall. Plus value the talent you do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on WebMD Health.

Worked for WebMD Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WebMD Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WebMD Health CEO David J. Schlanger. All reviews posted anonymously by WebMD Health employees.