There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

A lot of ups, downs, and uncertainty.

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Free Milk, Coffee, Tea, Fruit. .25 cent sodas, Cake Day, Flexible work schedule, Casual dress, subsidized parking, pre-tax, commuter benefits.

Cons

Low morale, no sense of company direction, A lot of red tape in work flow and processes. Incompetent product managers. No User experience experts just graphics designers.
Archaic content management system. PCs instead of Macs.

- Cut out the red tape in product design and development.
- Higher experienced User Experience Designers instead of crappy art directors and graphic designers.
- Start product design from wire frames and user experience analysis
- Rethink the company business model
- Set aside employees to manage current site and form a separate team to rebuild site from scratch on a new platform and a new content management system.
- Stop showing up late to the party. WebMD is 2 - 3 years behind rate of innovation.
- Stop building new products on top of wreck of a system
- Empower Engineers and developers to innovate instead of bogging them down with a million meetings a day with product/project managers who don't have a clue.

192 Other Employee Reviews for WebMD Health (View Most Recent)

Loved it!

Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WebMD Health as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of pros at WebMD. I would say the people, most of all, were absolutely wonderful. Everyone was so intelligent, friendly, and willing to help and share information. In addition, I would say they have wonderful company appreciation/holiday events. I liked the work I was able to do, but I think that relied mainly on my boss. She was great and really wanted the internship to be a worthwhile experience. I would say it definitely was and you should apply!

Cons

There was a lot of caution with new ideas. I think they could be more open to new ideas especially when competitors are doing and succeeding with them.

Be more open to new ideas

It's a Shame...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great brand, interesting work, great location in midtown, a lot of exceptional people, a good learning experience, pretty good salary and benefits

Cons

Bad management (really bad), chronic disconnect between NY and ATL. And over the last year or so, way too many secrets and lies. The new "leadership team" does little to inspire confidence.

Retool for longterm growth and success, and invest in employees. Focus on core strengths, support tech advancement, and quit getting distracted by shiny objects.

There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health