WebMD Health
www.webmd.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

A lot of ups, downs, and uncertainty.

ProsFree Milk, Coffee, Tea, Fruit. .25 cent sodas, Cake Day, Flexible work schedule, Casual dress, subsidized parking, pre-tax, commuter benefits.

ConsLow morale, no sense of company direction, A lot of red tape in work flow and processes. Incompetent product managers. No User experience experts just graphics designers.
Archaic content management system. PCs instead of Macs.

Advice to Senior Management- Cut out the red tape in product design and development.
- Higher experienced User Experience Designers instead of crappy art directors and graphic designers.
- Start product design from wire frames and user experience analysis
- Rethink the company business model
- Set aside employees to manage current site and form a separate team to rebuild site from scratch on a new platform and a new content management system.
- Stop showing up late to the party. WebMD is 2 - 3 years behind rate of innovation.
- Stop building new products on top of wreck of a system
- Empower Engineers and developers to innovate instead of bogging them down with a million meetings a day with product/project managers who don't have a clue.

If you are a person with good ideas, take them elsewhere.

New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time for more than a year

Pros: If you negotiate a bit, you might get paid better… Cons: Everything else. Management DOES NOT listen to ideas, which is extremely frustrating when you have some that could potentially help to fix a sinking ship. Everyone… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of all of the upper management and replace them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was good....for awhile

Former Medscape Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are talented people there, people who will appreciate you and try and mentor you even across divisions and teams. People complain about the… Cons: I did feel underappreciated at times. Was sometimes demeaned. On certain teams there was the sense of "watch your back" and politic (aka suck… Advice to Senior Management: I hope there are some of you that still do care and will read the writing on the wall. Plus value the talent you do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on WebMD Health.

Worked for WebMD Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WebMD Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WebMD Health CEO David J. Schlanger. All reviews posted anonymously by WebMD Health employees.