WebMD Health
www.webmd.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Can't complain when you're just grateful to have a job; Great team members to work with; Great NYC location

Computer Programmer (SQL Programmer/Data Analyst) (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsPart of a SMART highly specialized team; Team members worked toward a common goal and put in their hours; Direct managers (laid off as of this writing in 2013) were reasonable to work with; HQ is located in the awesome Chelsea neighborhood; Can't complain with the total compensation (including yearly bonus) especially during the good years (prior to 2012); 10 company holidays (including Friday after Thanksgiving); Early dismissal on Fridays prior to long holiday weekends. Enjoyed the good years prior to 2012.

ConsTeam was expected to put in extra hours (late or weekend) beyond the typical 9-5 schedule especially during deployment; No comp days or overtime salary paid if and when you put in more than 45 hours/week; No summer Fridays (as of writing in 2013); Part of a smart highly specialized team that was embroiled in politics; Higher-ups didn't realize the high performance value the team I was part of to the company; Previous CEO didn't have a plan to make the company sustainable beyond 2012 and took the golden parachute. Challenging years ahead in 2013.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a pay cut yourselves and give your share (better yet, ALL) of your bonuses to the employees left behind in 2013.

Par

Designer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good work and life balance. Great team, diverse department. Cons: In process of restructuration. Shareholders focus a lot on stock… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Trying To get Things Back On Track

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at WebMD Health full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great employee atmosphere...strong brand name... Cons: Internal processes take far too long to get answers for clients. Upper management has a lot of excess fluff and not enough execs who… Advice to Senior Management: broaden your horizons and invest in a strong lifestyle acquisition in order to split the site into two separate platforms.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on WebMD Health.

Worked for WebMD Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WebMD Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WebMD Health CEO David J. Schlanger. All reviews posted anonymously by WebMD Health employees.