There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

Uptight and rude

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WebMD Health as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I met some nice people and the pay was really good.

Cons

I was a contractor and they are not very nice to their contractors. They treat you very differently from everyone else. Think red-headed step child. They even had us wear a different color lanyard so they could tell us apart.

They would do things like have a Christmas "dirty santa" party and send an email to everyone telling about it, but at the end of the email it said something like "Full time permanent employees only." It reminded me of kids in a playhouse saying "No girls allowed". It was just very rude.

Also, they are not at all interested in hearing your ideas. They want someone who will keep their head down and do their work. Don't ever express any interest in working in another department of ways that the company might improve. They don't want to hear it. You are to know your place as a second class citizen if you are a contractor.

They acted like getting hired on permanently after being a contractor was like joining an elite club, but from the way they acted, it was a club that I did not want to be a part of.

Treat contractors the same as everyone else or at least don't make it so obvious.

188 Other Employee Reviews for WebMD Health (View Most Recent)

8 years with WebMD

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

nice people. nice office space.

Cons

pay is not the most competitive

visibility and transparency

great brand, very chaotic environment

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Great consumer brand, exciting industry space with a lot of growth potential

Cons

layoffs in 2012 and lots of turnaround type activities. staff very overworked. leadership vision is not entirely clear. extremely difficult to get things done

It takes ridiculously long to get anything approved by execs and moving forward. Vision of company is not entirely clear. Lots of rhetoric and change initiatives coming from folks on high who don't understand what it is like for the folks in the trenches.

There are newer employer reviews for WebMD Health

Worked for WebMD Health? Contribute to the Community!