There are newer employer reviews for Weber Shandwick

Weber Shandwick; typical agency bureaucracy, border-line inhumane treatment of junior staff

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY
Former Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, overtime compensation for entry level working overtime (12-14 hr days on average). I adored my other junior level colleagues we really banded together while being "hazed." I'm usually a super outgoing, positive, hard working and reliable person, but the demands of this role made me completely overwhelmed, physically ill and exhausted 24/7. I went on to a smaller fashion-based showroom and its a 100% more positive.

Cons

My group and client and managers were known well within the department as being the most difficult and unreasonable. I had terrible middle managers; no guidance, no positive feedback; worked myself ino the ground and burnt out. 2-3 of my former junior colleagues which I adored went to competitors for better work/life balance and compensation. Executive management realized treatment and hierarchy structure was not working and morale was terrible around the time everyone was leaving and enforced in memorandum that junior level employees had to be treated basically like humans (shocker!) ie: nonexcessive overtime, positive communication and delegation, allowing junior level people out for lunch at least once a week (?! is this a work camp/salt mine?) The new president quit after 4 months to go to a competitor (sinking like the Titanic, much?)

Advice to Management

Fire middle management and get positive people in there who don't just look good for clients but mentor and grow junior staff as well.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Internship experience! Fun People

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Weber Shandwick

Pros

Great group of talented, motivated individuals that are passionate about their work. Lots of young people. Internship program is a great learning experience.

Cons

sometimes the work load can be heavy on interns when upper management don't communicate with each other regarding intern's assignments

Advice to Management

Train lower level associates on how to manage team members

Overall, a very good experience

Current Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Weber Shandwick

Pros

Definitely a great place to have on your resume when starting your career. Either a great place to give you a taste of the PR industry or a great place to wrap up your internship career before getting that first salaried job. Many great clients and teams that can make an intern feel like an AAE as opposed to a replaceable intern. You definitely receive a taste of what a full-time position in this industry would be like.

Cons

Some of the strongest cliques that you can find in a professional environment, very similar to high school.

Advice to Management

Compensate interns more and dissolve the agency's cliquey nature.